Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Heres an interesting little compression driver/horn combo
Heres an interesting little compression driver/horn combo [message #40555] Thu, 06 March 2003 03:04 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3010532690&category=

Was browsing this auction, is a pair of real cheap compression drivers on very small 106mm by 60mm horns. 10 bucks! The compression driver brand is JPA, has 18mm throat and stated 800Hz-20KHz response. The auction says its used in Klipsch Heresy Horn speakers. Thought I might as well post this here, maybe get some more info on these if anyone can help, they are only 10 bucks so what the hell, I might as well buy them! Am not expecting anything great, thats what my JBL/P.Audio combo is for :) but they would be fun to muck around with.

Anyone got any comments on these drivers?

Thanks!
Adrian

Re: Heres an interesting little compression driver/horn combo [message #40556 is a reply to message #40555] Thu, 06 March 2003 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bubbawat is currently offline  Bubbawat
Chancellor
Doesn't sound like a Heresy driver to me - while the drivers have changed over the years, the Klipsch heresy is a three way with the mid horn (squawker) generally crossed over at about 700hz going to a tweeter horn around 6k (maybe wrong here - 6k is probably the high side). That fuller range would only be on the Klipsch reference stuff.
Re: Heres an interesting little compression driver/horn combo [message #40570 is a reply to message #40556] Fri, 07 March 2003 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Kewl, thanks for your help. Do you think they are worth getting at all, they arn't very expensive, or are they just crap stuff?
Re: Heres an interesting little compression driver/horn combo [message #40571 is a reply to message #40570] Fri, 07 March 2003 03:49 Go to previous message
Bubbawat is currently offline  Bubbawat
Chancellor
Don't know at all - but $10 is a very cheap mistake if they aren't any good - go for it.
Previous Topic: Yeah, but what about the damn SACD??!!
Next Topic: For those of you who are audio veterans, this is for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 23:25:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio