Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » College degree
College degree [message #39995] Wed, 22 January 2003 07:01 Go to next message
Don17 is currently offline  Don17
Chancellor

Hello Guys!!!!!!!!
What kind of degree would I need to get into building loudspeakers professionally??? I am a senior in highschool and I
would like to own my own speaker manufacturing/sound company. What should I do?????????????

-Don

Re: College degree [message #40001 is a reply to message #39995] Wed, 22 January 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazychile is currently offline  crazychile
Baron
I don't think you "need" any degree. Many speaker designers don't. Actually some of the most brilliant electronics engineers i have ever had the pleasure to work with seem to be self taught.

I would try to hook up with a designer you respect and see if you can do some sort of apprenticeship.

But if you want a degree to get you started, Physics would certainly give you some helpful fundamental info.

Eat Mo' Hot Sauce,
crazychile

Re: College degree [message #40012 is a reply to message #39995] Wed, 22 January 2003 16:56 Go to previous message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Hi Don,
Look at subjects like Electrical engineering, Acoustical engineering, Physics and the standard onslaught of math that goes with all that.
Get your feet wet with some design engineering courses and become familiar with drafting, 3D modeling and rendering. Talk to the school counselor or whom ever advises on college enrollments for additional advice. More than likely there are a few ways to aproach this, so good luck.

Bill

Previous Topic: Can I have the plans for Pi2 towers
Next Topic: question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 01:45:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers