Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hows everyone making out for Christmas?
Hows everyone making out for Christmas? [message #39559] Fri, 20 December 2002 18:26 Go to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Hi all,

I have most of my shopping done but have to pick up a few more things this weekend, and of course have to buy something the day of Christmas eve. We have some family coming over in the morning. Kids getting dropped off and picked up all day long, and then to the inlaws for dinner Christmas night. Not really over complicated but enough so that when the day is over it will be nice to sit and relax.

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday.

Bill

Re: Hows everyone making out for Christmas? [message #39560 is a reply to message #39559] Fri, 20 December 2002 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
i'll be closing the store at 3:00 pm christmas eve. i'll hop in the truck and drive to my sisters ( 45 minutes ) and celebrate christmas eve there. being of european descent we open presents that night. santa still comes christmas morning for my 6 year daughter. brunch with the family and then x-mas dinner at the inlaws ( or is that outlaws? ). thursday i'm back to work. it's boxing day in canada, the busiest retail day of the year.

merry christmas gang,

george

Re: Hows everyone making out for Christmas? [message #39561 is a reply to message #39559] Fri, 20 December 2002 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'm in the same boat as you - I have most everything done (finally) but still a couple of last minute things. Seems like the season came up on us faster this year.

I've got a Paramour kit in the box, haven't even opened it yet. And I've got some work to do on the active crossover models and some LSPCad stuff so I can finish out the response charts in the position/offset document. And Parham Data just took on a huge project, so that's now on the table too.

But you know what? I couldn't care less - It's Christmas!

Happy Holidays to all! Whether it's Hanukah, Christmas, Pongul or just New Years - best to all!

Re: Hows everyone making out for Christmas? [message #39562 is a reply to message #39559] Sat, 21 December 2002 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi gang!
Yesterday was very hectic day, the cable tv installer came yesterday at 9 am to put my cable in(part of the roadrunner install), then had to wait for the roadrunner installer to arrive. He finally came at 4pm and thought he blew out the modem because of faulty office info on my account. My girlfriend has stomach flu or virus, not sure which. So this morning, I had problem with computer waking up from energy standdown, I powered down and back up, and guess what, my internet is working. Now waiting for the roadrunner to come and finish my e-mail account. I wish I knew the internet was okay when he left last night.
So I now have internet at home and plan to be able to participate fully here, and keep my job, since I won't have to sneak at work anymore. Happy Holidays everyone, Won't be able to post much until after the holidays though.
Ron (Central Ohio Audio Club)
Re: Hows everyone making out for Christmas? [message #39589 is a reply to message #39559] Tue, 24 December 2002 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
Here it is 8:45am Christmas Eve. I have one more present to buy, and so what am I doing. I'm reading the Pi forum, of course.

Wishing all you Pi-builders a Happy and Hopeful Holiday Season.

Keep your ears and your mind open.

"Still crazy after all these years..." [message #39592 is a reply to message #39589] Tue, 24 December 2002 06:47 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
I'm right there with you, Dave! Just sent the wife and kids out to do the last minute shopping and I'm supposed to be going to the grocery for last minute food stuffs but first...!!!!...got to check out the various asylum forums!

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and all the Pi folks out there, especially to Wayne, whose inspired work and unselfish attitude brings his designs to the public, and in such a way that there is this rare opportunity for anyone to have excellent high efficiency loudspeakers for very little money. Truly the other side of the coin of American free enterprise and one that more of us should aspire to.

Thanks, Wayne, and best holiday wishes to all!

Garland

Previous Topic: Question for Wayne or others: bi-amping with stock Eminence crossover?
Next Topic: An Inadvertent Christmas Present?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 14 00:55:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio