Home » Audio » General » Rocky Mountain AudioFest
Re: Stereophile Show Coverage [message #3873 is a reply to message #3853] Wed, 25 October 2006 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greggo is currently offline  Greggo
Baron
I agree, and I am not interested in their "commerical reality" defense of how they choose to cover stuff. Will not subscribe to them again, haven't in a long time, and enjoyed just about everything they didn't cover much more than the stuff they did. I would have given up on this hobby long ago were it not for the DIY and special interest forums such as these. And not because I want to build everything... I am still a serious shopper, but have a much different perspective/attitude from the old days where only the rags and the high-end retail store experiences formed the base of my opinions....

I know you like the Salk stuff quite a bit, I thought his room was fantastic but I just can't get into the Seas Excel sound for some reason. I thought Rick Craig's latest design made for one of the top 10 sounds at the show, as did the knew guys from AudioCrafters and Facet Audio. I also thought the Emerald Physics set up provided some amazing results, mostly towards the end of the show, and still not on all types of music... I think he had some real room challenges to overcome and never quite got all the way there.

Regards,

Greg Jensen

Re: Rocky Mountain AudioFest [message #3874 is a reply to message #3865] Wed, 25 October 2006 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Looks like a great time! Makes me doubly eager to get together with you and everyone in Dallas next May!

Re: Rocky Mountain AudioFest [message #3877 is a reply to message #3874] Wed, 25 October 2006 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
What's going on in Dallas in May?

Also, for whatever it is worth, the AudioNote room sounded great, would probably make my top ten rooms at the show list...

Greg Jensen

Re: Rocky Mountain AudioFest [message #3878 is a reply to message #3877] Wed, 25 October 2006 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Was David Cope in the Audio Note room? Haven't heard from him in a while.

The Lone Star Audiofest is in Dallas the first weekend in May every year. The last two were actually in Tulsa, called the Great Plains Audiofest. We decided to do it in Dallas from now on, so we changed the name Lone Star Audiofest.

Sorry, didn't catch the names in that room.... (nt) [message #3879 is a reply to message #3878] Wed, 25 October 2006 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
(nt)

David Cope used to be the Audio Note USA distributor [message #3880 is a reply to message #3879] Wed, 25 October 2006 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't know if he is still affiliated with them or not.

Re: David Cope used to be the Audio Note USA distributor [message #3881 is a reply to message #3880] Wed, 25 October 2006 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Not sure if there is something going on there... but I checked the guide booklet and they had Peter Qvortrup and a UK phone number listed for the Audio Note room.

Re: David Cope used to be the Audio Note USA distributor [message #3882 is a reply to message #3881] Wed, 25 October 2006 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've E-mailed both David Cope and Peter Qvortrup within the last year or so. Last May, there was a change in the distributor structure and David was no longer to be the USA distributor, as I recall. I just wondered if he was still working with Peter in some capacity. I guess I could write Peter and ask; I don't think David's E-Mail address works right now. I like David, so I am hoping the best for him in whatever he is doing.

Re: David Cope used to be the Audio Note USA distributor [message #3911 is a reply to message #3882] Tue, 31 October 2006 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
Hi Wayne!

Yes, I was the guy in the Audio Note room except for about 15 minutes a day Sat and Sun. when I snuck out just to be able to say I'd seen another room.

I'm doing web site content, trade shows and misc. global mktg. for Audio Note UK these days. Spent the middle half of Sept in Milan, Paris and Hove, UK with Peter. You can see pix of that trip and other stuff on one of two web sites I've got going. I'm trying to provide both answers to FAQ and open ended discussion, as well as trade show reports. I haven't found one easy to use mechanism that allows both, so I'm split in two places.

Hope to see you guys in TX in May!

Re: Rocky Mountain AudioFest [message #3917 is a reply to message #3837] Wed, 01 November 2006 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
Mark,

Why don't you post your impressions and pics under a new thread heading?

This guy brought more vinyl to the show than I did! To say nothing of saving my bacon by having very juicy replacement tubes in his pocket when the M8 spit up a 5687.

Thanks a million, doc!

Previous Topic: Rocky Mountain Audiofest: This visitor's thoughts
Next Topic: Vinyl Garage Sale. Richardson, Texas Nov 3,4,5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 23:56:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers