Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » How sweet it is!!!
How sweet it is!!! [message #38586] Tue, 08 October 2002 17:42 Go to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Just a mini rave about the Theater 4's. They continue to sound better and better after about 100 hours give or take 50. They do make great recordings just plain amazing, can make previously blah recordings sufficiently dynamic to sound better and occasionally make some recordings unlistenable. But the most exciting aspect to their quality is how they enhance the effect of changes in everything upstream of them. They are a tweakers/ modders dream! Every change stands out as very obvious! Not just "I think I hear a tad this or a hint of that with this new cap or that new resistor". This is a characteristic of a very refined loudspeaker, however humble the individual parts are, the sum is much greater. Kudos to Wayne and Eminence!

G.

I know what you mean! [message #38587 is a reply to message #38586] Tue, 08 October 2002 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuxmanLover is currently offline  LuxmanLover
Master
I'm just itchin' to finish up the 4Pi pros so i can start tweekin the rest of the system. I'm going to start by punting the preamp out and just use a cd player and amp since both of mine have output controls on them as well as the cd player. After that I'd like to build some 4Pi theatres for some friends.
Kelly
Me too! [message #38592 is a reply to message #38586] Tue, 08 October 2002 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Our Pi's are about the same age. In the last few weeks I have definately heard the mighty sweetness. I believe in break in now.

So you are redoing the X-over, huh? I am loving mine. It made a BIG difference over the cheap one that I built in a hurry, but since you had eminence x-over you may not see as much difference.

These speakers are easy to hear through, My old Acoustats didn't show much difference between preamp, no preamp, Conrad Johnson sounded same as Adcom, not enough to tell really. With Pi's I can tell that my adcom pre adds a lag and a high Q sort of sound in the bass. (and I think this is a good preamp) CD straight into my Crown D-75 gives bass transients That I can't believe, and the highs are nearly grainless (unless the disk says so). So many speakers are either in the euphony syrup crowd, or the detail that cuts a hole in your forehead crowd. Nice to have balance huh? The best of both without the worst of either.(Kudos Wayne)

I am contemplating Foreplay and Seduction! You have Foreplay, yes? What else have you used for preamp and what do you think.

Thomas

I've used an Adcom 565 and McCormack Micre Line Drive [message #38608 is a reply to message #38592] Wed, 09 October 2002 13:20 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
The Foreplay bests them both! See the URL below from the Bottlehead Forum!
Previous Topic: Building 2 Pi Towers - Part 2
Next Topic: Pi2 Tower plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 21:07:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout