Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » argg! paint(?) flaking from H290's
Can you stay between the lines? [message #38537 is a reply to message #38536] Wed, 02 October 2002 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Do you have the 64 color box?
Crayola or Prang?
hah, wife expressed her interest [message #38540 is a reply to message #38537] Wed, 02 October 2002 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
in my vintage quad gear by COLORING a rare(one of a kind?) vacumn tube decoder schematic with a crayon while she traced the signal flow thru the matrix/logic. I calmly stated in a firm voice, "put down that red crayon" and "step slowly away from that book". I offered to scan her a copy to "color", but the fun was gone for her...she had only wanted to color the 30 year old diagram so I could see it easier. Remedy, don't try to explain any more techno details to the crazy lady with the crayons. Don't put the rear speakers near her chair either, they'll suddenly become cup/candle holders:( Sam
Re: hah, wife expressed her interest [message #38545 is a reply to message #38540] Wed, 02 October 2002 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Ha! In my house a speaker has to double as some kind of end table!
with the main speakers growing taller. I got the
"your just going to make those damn things so high, I can't put anything on the top are'nt you"

past 5 years Ive been using marine spar varnish on coffee and end tables or anything that seems like a drink or a plant would sit on. It held up well for all the wooden boats in the water and its great when someone forgets a coaster too.

Bill

Horizontal Surface [message #38552 is a reply to message #38545] Thu, 03 October 2002 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
A little give and take is important in any relationship. I came home one day and found freshly-watered plants on top of my freshly-finished Theater 4s and just had to be thankful for having had a chance to rub in all those coats of tung oil.
BTW, while my decoupage suggestion above was slightly tongue-in-cheek, the thought occurred to me that maybe I should ask her; given a large speaker, what form she'd like it to be in. My guess is that it would have a nice horizontal surface for plants and doodahs.

John

Re: that's the second choice! [message #38557 is a reply to message #38552] Thu, 03 October 2002 15:33 Go to previous message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master

If I asked my wife what form she would like the next speaker in. I'm quite sure the answer would be, a suppository.
I give the horizontil surface a close 2nd!
Previous Topic: Delta or Alpha?
Next Topic: Wayne: Please send Theater 4 Pi Plans - Thanks!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 15:42:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio