Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » OT: How I Spent My Summer, by......
OT: How I Spent My Summer, by...... [message #38177] Wed, 04 September 2002 17:44 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
If you're not hip to Rails to Trails, log on to their site. No matter where you live, there's an old RR right of way turned bike trail. I'm no tree hugger, but what a great way to turn something dead into something alive. Too much bicycling, not enough speaker building, and dammit, I haven't lost an ounce. Maybe it's that thirst....

Merry Pranks Website

Re: OT: How I Spent My Summer, by...... [message #38179 is a reply to message #38177] Wed, 04 September 2002 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
hey till, i like the rack! how much to build me a 5 shelf? i'll pick it up in lima next year. but you gotta sign it, someday ebay may make me rich.

cheers,

george

Re: OT: How I Spent My Summer, by...... [message #38180 is a reply to message #38177] Wed, 04 September 2002 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
We've got something like that here in Tulsa. A very popular walking bridge was once a railroad. We still have lots of railroads here, but they're all used solely for freight. The one that went over the river is now part of a walking and jogging trail.
Rail Trails [message #38182 is a reply to message #38177] Thu, 05 September 2002 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
themilford is currently offline  themilford
Viscount
Hey cool, My girlfriend is a interpreter/ranger on the Northampton Massachusetts bike rail trail. Rail trails rule! unfortunately with the state making cutbacks most of the people working on the rail trails in Mass., including my girlfriend, are loosing their jobs...

david

You live up here too? [message #38183 is a reply to message #38182] Thu, 05 September 2002 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
'Been riding the Norwottuck rail trail for years - even after they paved it with crushed glass in the macadam mix! I started down it one day with my canoe on a trailer and went from the Hadley malls to Pete's before deciding it wasn't a good idea. The bike and canoe are narrow on the straighaways, but I didn't want to risk the corners at the underpass by the buffalo farm.
What's "The Milford"?

John
(Hadley)

Re: You live up here too? [message #38186 is a reply to message #38183] Thu, 05 September 2002 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
themilford is currently offline  themilford
Viscount
Hey Nieghbor!

I just moved up here to NoHo with my girl in february. She was a ranger this summer on that trail...
I've been meaning to ask if there were any DIYers up this way. What kinda stuff/gear are you running. maybe we could do a listening session up here?
The Milford is my expiramental/math/postrock band. unfortunately the rest of my musicians are in the NYC area. I have a 7" (vinyl) to be released this spring...

david

Re: You live up here too? [message #38204 is a reply to message #38186] Fri, 06 September 2002 05:48 Go to previous message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
Hi David,
Garland is the only other Pi-er I know of in the area and he's over by Boston, so I was glad to see your post.
I built a pair of Theater 4s and they're the biggest thing going right now. My electronics are mostly SS mid-fi, plenty of watts, although there's a tube amp and pre in the cellar waiting their turn. I've spent quite a bit of time at the single-driver site and built a bunch of pipes, tubes, BR, and a couple of horn types.
Very curious what an experimental/math/postrock band is about.
Gimme a call 5490649, or email, we can save Wayne some BW
John
JLapaire@barnesaero.com or @juno.com

Previous Topic: Horn - install in cabinet or not?
Next Topic: Thanks for the great service
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 06:32:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout