Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 P1 - 7 Pi conversion
4 P1 - 7 Pi conversion [message #38161] Wed, 04 September 2002 06:01 Go to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master

Because I built my Theater 4s tall and thin, it was a natural to yank out the horn, plug the hole, and face them into the room corners, about 8" out. Doing this extends the bass and makes it stronger, but doesn't really change anything else. I was surprised to find that the lower part of the midrange handled by the Delta 15a was unchanged in level. I like the overall balance.

Link below is a picture of the plugged front. Looking at it now reminds me to pick up some more DuctSeal on the way home tonight.

I'll have these at the New England Bottlehead meet this Sunday. We can listen to them as 7 Pi if there are corners, 4 Pi if not.

John

Where is the meeting? [message #38162 is a reply to message #38161] Wed, 04 September 2002 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henry Pasternack is currently offline  Henry Pasternack
Esquire
> I'll have these at the New England Bottlehead meet this Sunday. We
> can listen to them as 7 Pi if there are corners, 4 Pi if not.

Can you give details on this meeting?

Thanks.

-Henry

It's here: [message #38164 is a reply to message #38162] Wed, 04 September 2002 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
These are Dave Cope's directions copied from one of his posts on the Bottlehead forum:

Triode & Co. (now with signs!), at 404 Hebron Ave, Glastonbury, CT. It's at the intersection of Sycamore and Hebron, in the grey building behind the yellow ALLSTATE house.

If you take 84W to Rte 2 East (left exit), take exit 8. The shop is straight across the street

Hope to see you there!

Garland

Try that again [message #38166 is a reply to message #38161] Wed, 04 September 2002 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
Maybe I'll bring the HF compensation network outside the box to make it easier to play with.
Cool! [message #38169 is a reply to message #38166] Wed, 04 September 2002 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Pretty cool!

Be sure to try it with the woofer down close to the corner apex too.

Re: It's here: [message #38176 is a reply to message #38164] Wed, 04 September 2002 16:40 Go to previous message
Henry Pasternack is currently offline  Henry Pasternack
Esquire
Thanks for the info. It's about 100 miles from where I live. I
would definitely come, but my wife is on call that day and can't
stray far from home. I wonder how the kids (3 and 7 yrs old) would
enjoy the meeting... Hmmm... :-(

-Henry

Previous Topic: PSD 2.8 speaker
Next Topic: Sub-Woofer cabinet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 31 18:24:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations