Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Sensitivity ratings for Delta 15 etc
Sensitivity ratings for Delta 15 etc [message #37371] Thu, 18 July 2002 07:40 Go to previous message
BFP is currently offline  BFP
Baron
Hi Wayne

When I enter the Delta 15 parameters into a spreadsheet I have for calculating box volumes the calculated sensitivity comes out at 97.5 db not 101 as rated by Eminence. Unibox software that I have also calculates 97 db. I also noticed this difference with other Eminence woofers. Is this due to Anechoic versus half space ratings?
Also, when building a speaker that will be used with High output Z amps, is it a valid strategy to include the increase in Qe of the driver caused by the series output resistance of the amplifier,into the driver parameters that you input. It seems to me that using a lower Qts driver like a JBL 2226 would allow more room to allow for an increased Qts while maintaining a reasonable box size.
In a theatre 4 with the Delta 15 the Qts is already quite high for a vented box. I know that the system seems to work well subjectively with tube amps with high output Z, but I am looking for ways to optimise a speaker for use with High ouput impedance amps.
I had thought of using a jbl 2226 with a EBS type of alignment. This would still provide a reasonable box size. What strategies would you use in this case?
Thank you
Brian

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Interesting discussion on Audiogon , Wayne, your thought?
Next Topic: Just bought pre-cut MDF for my One Pi speakers!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 10:53:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio