Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Tweaking Eminence Delta 15
Tweaking Eminence Delta 15 [message #34639] Thu, 03 January 2002 13:53 Go to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Before I install the woofers in my Theater 4's I think I will try a coupl'a tweaks gleaned from the Single Driver Website during my RS 1354 days. I am going to reinforce the stamped steel basket with epoxy putty which should also help damp the steel a bit and add a threaded rod brace from the back panel of the cabinet to the back of the motor assembly. A "T" nut in the rear panel and a block with ventilation slots glued to the magnet structure with a pocket to receive the front end of the 5/16" rod will allow me to experiment with different pressures. I hope to approximate the ridgidity and deadness of a cast basket with these mods. I'll add some dampening pads of some sort to the inside of the basket arms to cut reflections.
Anybody have any more ideas or comments?

Thanks!

Garland

Re: Tweaking Eminence Delta 15 [message #34642 is a reply to message #34639] Thu, 03 January 2002 16:29 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well, having spoken from extensive experience with the Kappa 15lfa's (beefier then the deltas) I don't relaly think the mods your thinking of will do much, if anything.

The padding on the basket spokes isn't a bad idea, but I odn't think the rest of it will do much good.

The only real small flaw I found was a noticable difference in cone resonance frequency between different woofers. I remember trying to briefly correct this problem by weighting the cones with pennies or something, but gave up.

Pretty solid design... Doesn't need much modification.

Adam

Previous Topic: PiAlign RS1354?
Next Topic: Question for Till E.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 10:56:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers