Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » question from a novice
question from a novice [message #33996] Wed, 03 October 2001 06:00 Go to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
hi wayne, i'm thinking about building another set of 4 pi's for a second room and i want to limit my costs. the delta 15" is inexpensive and provides excellent frequency response, but alas needs a huge enclosure. if i use this driver in an enclosure similar in size to my premium stage 4 pi's what sound characteristics will be changed? also can i change the shape of the cabinet ( make it taller and narrower but keep the volume the same) without changing the performance. finally what improvement if any can i expect if i upgrade to the psd3003 driver on my premium stage 4 pi's.

thanks,
george

Re: question from a novice [message #33997 is a reply to message #33996] Wed, 03 October 2001 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
If you're on a budget, go with the Stage four Pi. It uses an Omega 15 woofer instead of the more expensive Kilomax. Don't use a 2" exit compression driver. They're more expensive and don't go up as high.
Re: question from a novice [message #34001 is a reply to message #33996] Wed, 03 October 2001 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colin Fritzke is currently offline  Colin Fritzke
Baron
Have you looked at the Kappa 15LFA? What kind of cabinet volume can you tolerate? This driver will work well in 3 cubic feet, tuned somewhere around 40 Hz. Might be a good compromise to the Kilomax, while still a smaller box than the Delta requires.

Just a thought...

Colin

thanks [message #34005 is a reply to message #33997] Wed, 03 October 2001 13:49 Go to previous message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
Previous Topic: Theatre 4 Port Size
Next Topic: A newbie looking for sensitive speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 17:30:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers