Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Still more dumb questions
Still more dumb questions [message #33954] Thu, 27 September 2001 17:48 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Been searching the forum for clues to mount the crossover in the box. Glue to the rear baffle? Nest it in the fiberglass? Or...? I especially liked the one about embedding it in beeswax!
There's some scotch tape around the copper wound thingy. Is that for shipping and should be removed (it has a trailing end) or left alone?
I should probably read a book on speaker-building but I've spent a lifetime filling my head with cabinet-making and there's just so much room.
Ask me about ironing on veneer with your S.O.'s steam iron and yellow glue. Or why it's silly to use biscuits on a speaker cabinet. Or why not to use yellow PVA or polyurethane glue. How to make a plane or chisel "scary sharp" in 5 minutes, every time. Why your panels aren't square even with a properly set-up table saw. How to keep your laminate trimming bit free from gunk for $2.95. Go ahead, ask me.
Re: Still more dumb questions [message #33955 is a reply to message #33954] Thu, 27 September 2001 18:40 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I usually mount the crossover to the bottom of the box inside with screws, but sometimes I mount it on the inside back panel. You can make a gasket out of cardboard and mount the board flush or put it on standoffs. The tape on coils can be removed, but it isn't hurting anythiung so you can leave it there if you want.
Previous Topic: Anyone looking to compliment their Pi speakers with a subwoofer?
Next Topic: #1- Squaring up Sheet stock on the table saw
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 23:41:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout