Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Crossover document - Second draft
Crossover document - Second draft [message #33892] Sat, 22 September 2001 03:38 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I've uploaded a second draft of my crossover demonstration document. This publication includes second order networks as well as the first order crossovers already discussed. Since compensation networks were already introduced, they are incorporated in the second order design but not discussed for a second time. Compensation networks perform the same on a second order crossover as they do on a first order network so no further discussion of them was necessary.

The models shown on this document and the Spice executables are still available in the Spice models distribution on the Pi Speakers website. Also included are models for the third order networks used in Pi Speakers.

Re: Crossover document - Is it time for the instructions? [message #33893 is a reply to message #33892] Sat, 22 September 2001 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hoping you'll soon have time to write out the step-by-step instructions for the crossover tweeter cable as well as some more detail on cross-bracing the theatre 4Pi. What about placing a couple of rectangular re-inforcements with great big circle cut-outs inside?I'm also wondering about sealing the cabinet from the inside and how to keep it sealed and still be able to remove the back panel. Would rabbetting the panel and just screwing it down be okay?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Re: Crossover document - "batteries not included" [message #33894 is a reply to message #33893] Sat, 22 September 2001 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I suppose this document is a bit technical, but I tried to make it readable by the hobbyist that isn't an engineer. So you don't need an engineering doctors degree, or even a masters or bachelors degree for that matter, to make use of this document. But the "Tab-A in Slot-B" kit builder would rather not read through all that stuff.

The reason I am writing this document is that it explains the reasons for some of the filters chosen over-and-above the traditional high-pass/low-pass dividing networks. I did this document so that:

1. It would act as a proof of concept for the filters used in Pi Speakers.
2. It shows why particular components values were chosen, and when more than one can be used, it shows why.
3. It allows interested DIY'ers to see how reactive devices in crossovers work.
4. It allows a person to base their own designs as a derivative of this work.

For the tweeter cable assembly, see the post called "Professional Series four Pi's" and for cross bracing see the post called "Bracing"

Thanks [message #33919 is a reply to message #33892] Wed, 26 September 2001 07:35 Go to previous message
Art J. is currently offline  Art J.
Chancellor
Just a quick note of thanks for your work.
If things ever quiet down here at home,
I will give it great attention. Later......
Previous Topic: my doghouse, notice that it's in the garage
Next Topic: mounting bolt size jbl 2226
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 15:02:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout