Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Is JBL overpriced or are the high costs justified?
Is JBL overpriced or are the high costs justified? [message #33647] Tue, 07 August 2001 06:47 Go to next message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master
I e-mailed JBL last week asking for a clearer picture of the response curve of the 2226H , they in turn sent me a huge packet of goodies including a suggested retail price sheet....WOW, do they ask a lot for their stuff. I am still waiting for my JBL parts to arrive so I cannot say what I think about the build quality, but still it seems the prices are a TAD to much, speaking of TAD take a look at their prices.
Re: Is JBL overpriced or are the high costs justified? [message #33649 is a reply to message #33647] Tue, 07 August 2001 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
Yo, James! You are like the post-O-matic-dude. I sense your enthusiasm, however. Do you go through very many keyboards?
Hey, just throw caution and over-analysis to the wind and buy the good JBL stuff!!!!!!!!
Re: Is JBL overpriced or are the high costs justified? [message #33650 is a reply to message #33649] Tue, 07 August 2001 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master
Ha ha ha ha ha ! Acutally yes I do go thru quite a few keyboards, but its comes from spilling coffee on them. :)
Hey, my caution and over-analysis has gotten me pretty far in life. :)

But thanks I am sure the JBL stuff will live up to its rep..

Re: Is JBL overpriced or are the high costs justified? [message #33651 is a reply to message #33650] Wed, 08 August 2001 09:17 Go to previous message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
Truthfully, I do appreciate your enthusiasm, and after all, this is basically an interesting hobby for most people, so why not get carried away, eh? I'm sure that many people read posts on various forums and see themselves having been at a similar stage at one time.
Personally, I keep toying with taking my drivers out of the JBL 4560 cabient they are in and putting them in some kind of Pi box. I would give up some of the long throw properties of the 4560 but imagine I would gain in overall sound quality. ..............MBB
Previous Topic: Can someone decribe the sonic differences between the 2426H and PSD2002 drivers?
Next Topic: altec 604-8g in pi enclosure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 29 01:58:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout