Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Can someone decribe the sonic differences between the 2426H and PSD2002 drivers?
Can someone decribe the sonic differences between the 2426H and PSD2002 drivers? [message #33644] Sun, 05 August 2001 19:17 Go to next message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master
I am going to build 5 cabinets when I build my Four Pis because I need a center and surround speakers as well. I cannot afford to build all five of them with the 2426H driver , the center and surrounds will have to use the PSD2002 driver and used JBLs .
It is especially important that the center channel match the left and right channels , they need to be voice matched.
What is the sonic differences between the 2002 and 2426?
Re: Can someone decribe the sonic differences between the 2426H and PSD2002 drivers? [message #33645 is a reply to message #33644] Sun, 05 August 2001 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne_Parham is currently offline  Wayne_Parham
Master
Really, to my ears, the differences aren't nearly as great as are found in the woofers. I can instantly tell what speaker has a 2226 instead of an Omega 15, but the difference between a 2002 2426 is a little more subtle. The 2426 is smoother but more rolled off up top, the PSD2002 sounds a little more crisp. But they both sound good.
Match front speakers, center channel most important! [message #33646 is a reply to message #33645] Tue, 07 August 2001 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioLapDance is currently offline  AudioLapDance
Baron
Hey James,

As Wayne knows I'm an advocate of what "the man" recommends (see www.dolby.com) Keep those three front channels matched! For proper panning across the front these channels should be as close as possible--same drivers, same cabinet, same tilt, same positioning vis a vis walls, floor ...

To me, the center channel is even more important than left or right so you could even go with PSDs on the sides and the 2426 in the center. But if the system is for stereo too then hmmm... the choices aren't as clear.

Remember to put your receiver in 'wide' mode so that the center channel is getting the bass it's supposed to; this definitely seems to 'center' the sounds more. With 15" in the center ... I hope you don't have any close neighbors!

I'm sooo jealous; your home theater is going to rock!! I take it you have a projector and screen?

You should charge admission!

Good luck,
Jeff

Re: Match front speakers, center channel most important! [message #33648 is a reply to message #33646] Tue, 07 August 2001 06:51 Go to previous message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master
I agree, maybe I will go ahead and swing one more 2426H for the center channel and use the 2002s in the rear.
I don't have a projector but I have a small savings account in which I am saving for an RPTV.
I am sure this system will indeed rock!
Previous Topic: how many watts would 2 eminence12" woofers make?
Next Topic: Is JBL overpriced or are the high costs justified?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 05 22:44:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio