Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » need help designing sub woofer cabinets
need help designing sub woofer cabinets [message #33458] Sun, 24 June 2001 08:53 Go to next message
Scott is currently offline  Scott
Chancellor
hi all...i am a musician and a carpenter by trade...and i have the computer skills of a 4 year old...but heres my situation if anyone can help.
i want to crossover from my system to a 800 watt amp to run 2 sub cabinets. we probably will only peak at mabey 600 watts. i have 2 15" black widow speaks for drivers, 1 for each cabinet. can any one e mail me or mabey fax me a basic layout for functional cabinets?
dimentions with port size and placement...
thanks for looking,
scott
Re: need help designing sub woofer cabinets [message #33460 is a reply to message #33458] Sun, 24 June 2001 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master
I can help, first off what are your goals with this sub... what is your room size and what will you use them for?
Re: need help designing sub woofer cabinets [message #33461 is a reply to message #33460] Sun, 24 June 2001 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
And what are the TS paremeters of the Black Widow drivers?
Re: need help designing sub woofer cabinets [message #33470 is a reply to message #33461] Mon, 25 June 2001 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott is currently offline  Scott
Chancellor
we want to funnel some of the lows to the subs... we play mostly hard rock so we dont need the super lows... we also mic the drums so i guess the bass drum would be the lowest. the speaks came out of a old 3 way cabinet, and i hate to sound like a fool, but i have no idea what a TS parameter is.
Re: need help designing sub woofer cabinets [message #33472 is a reply to message #33470] Mon, 25 June 2001 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thiele/Small (T/S) specs are electro-mechanical parameters. They're published for most modern woofers, so check with the manufacturer.

By the way, I have a few very capable subwoofer designs. Check the PiSpeakers.com website and see if there's one there that suits you. When you decide which one would be best for you, write and let me know and I'll send you a copy of the plans.

Re: need help designing sub woofer cabinets [message #33473 is a reply to message #33472] Tue, 26 June 2001 09:16 Go to previous message
Master
Hey Scott, it looks like there are 7 different 15" Black Widow drivers, is there any info on the back of the drivers? We need to figure out which drivers you have.
Previous Topic: where can i get materials to build a crossover
Next Topic: 2426H for $249.95 and the 2666H for $287.95
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 00:16:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout