Home » Audio » General » Great Plains Audio Festival in a week?
Re: Great Plains Audio Festival in a week? [message #3000 is a reply to message #2991] Mon, 01 May 2006 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's amazing how this audio gear seems to grow when it's time to move it, isn't it?!!

Re: Great Plains Audio Festival in a week? [message #3001 is a reply to message #2998] Mon, 01 May 2006 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
For us on the wrongsideofthetracks, lots of pictures and captions (with names) are expected......Colin

Re: Great Plains Audio Festival in a week? [message #3002 is a reply to message #3001] Mon, 01 May 2006 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You betcha. We'll be sure to take lots of pics.

Bummer update [message #3006 is a reply to message #2997] Tue, 02 May 2006 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
I just got back from inspecting the enclosures, and the workmanship is unacceptable both cosmetically and (more important) structurally. I can fix some of the structural problems but would still end up with an enclosure that I'd be embarassed to show with. While I do have another model I could show, I've decided to discontinue that model because I think I can do better. So Lori and I will not be attending the GPAF this year after all. It's too far to drive and too much cost to justify would turn into a non-business vacation. I hope ya'll understand.

I'll miss seeing you Norris, Wayne, Akhilesh, Bill, Bob, Jim, Fred, and the rest of the Round Table crew.

Duke

Re: Bummer update [message #3007 is a reply to message #3006] Tue, 02 May 2006 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Duke,

Oh Nooooooooo!!!!!!

That is a great big bummer.

Well, there is always next year.

Diana and I were looking forward to seeing you and Lori.

Keep up the good works, we need people like you and your wife Lori.

Take care

Norris and Diana Wilson

Re: Bummer update [message #3008 is a reply to message #3006] Tue, 02 May 2006 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a BIG TIME bummer. You'll be sorely missed.

Re: Bummer update [message #3009 is a reply to message #3006] Tue, 02 May 2006 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Griffin is currently offline  Jim Griffin
Master
Duke,

Too bad that you can not make it. I was going to ask you when you start writing a book on speakers. You could start with your excellent replies on various forums and flesh it out.

Jim

Re: Bummer update [message #3010 is a reply to message #3006] Tue, 02 May 2006 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well that just sucks, Duke. I was really lookng forward to hearing your speaker. I bet it sounds great!
I hope the next year.
-akhilesh

Re: Bummer update [message #3018 is a reply to message #3008] Thu, 04 May 2006 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Well I didn't know I was being shot at but... it's nice to be missed!

Lori and I are both bummed, but in the 'biz you gotta put your best foot forward. I'd have had to do an apologetic song and dance for everyone who came in the room, and that's not the way to make a good first impression.

Duke

Re: Bummer update [message #3019 is a reply to message #3010] Thu, 04 May 2006 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Grand Master
Hi Akhilesh,

I was looking forward to seeing you too, and to hearing YOUR speakers! Next year I'll have all the bugs long since ironed out and will glady show off my babies.

Duke

Previous Topic: Happy Luke Skywalker Day
Next Topic: Does Wayne Parham know?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 21:10:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers