Home » Audio » General » sirius or xm
sirius or xm [message #25403] Mon, 27 November 2006 02:51 Go to next message
madhatter is currently offline  madhatter
Baron
which do you prefer for your car i have a 45 min ride to work and was thinking of getting one of the sat compaines any thoughts? I am leaning towards sirius right now

Re: sirius or xm [message #25407 is a reply to message #25403] Thu, 15 February 2007 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinningstar is currently offline  shinningstar
Viscount
I prefer to have XM satellite radio. The audio quality of XM is better compared to sirius. And the music in XM are the best to listen.

Re: sirius or xm [message #25408 is a reply to message #25403] Sat, 07 April 2007 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coda1108 is currently offline  Coda1108
Esquire
My parents have both. They had XM in their house, then they bought a car that had Sirius. They seem to like the music choices on Sirius better, so they cancelled their XM. I have XM in my car and am very happy with it. Your best bet is to check the channel line-ups on line to see what's to your liking.

It looks like they may be merging anyway, in which case they'll probably be offering different radio packages, and eliminating some channels on each.

Re: sirius or xm [message #25409 is a reply to message #25407] Sat, 07 April 2007 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coda1108 is currently offline  Coda1108
Esquire
My parents had XM in their home, then got a car with Sirius. They liked the Sirius better for the variety of programming. I have XM in my car and am very happy with it. Your best bet is to check the channel lineups on-line for each service to see what suits you best.

It looks like they may be merging in the near future anyway, in which case it's rumored they'll drop some stations and offer different platforms or channel line-ups.

Re: sirius or xm [message #25413 is a reply to message #25403] Fri, 20 April 2007 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
I've been enjoying the Sirius channel that my favourite bar/restaurant has playing when sports aren't on.

Although they play classic rock, so I think it's probably easier to come up with a good playlist than it may be for more current music.

Re: sirius or xm [message #25417 is a reply to message #25409] Fri, 18 May 2007 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
busybeehelpers is currently offline  busybeehelpers
Chancellor
I have friends who have Sirius and they like it a lot so I think that wold be a good one.

Re: sirius or xm [message #25432 is a reply to message #25417] Mon, 04 June 2007 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
I have talked to people who have both, ( I personally have not taken the plunge.) Sirius has more programming available according to some people. It is a tough call, but here is a site that gives you a side by side comparison:
http://www.radiosatellite.org/

Re: sirius or xm [message #61927 is a reply to message #25432] Mon, 22 February 2010 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxie is currently offline  Maxie
Chancellor
I had Sirius and then switched to XM. I liked the channel lineup on XM better. I never noticed in difference in the sound quality myself.
Re: sirius or xm [message #61935 is a reply to message #25403] Thu, 25 February 2010 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadie is currently offline  Sadie
Chancellor
I think people are pretty much split down the middle on this one. I used to work in a restaurant that had XM and I loved it. I have friends who have Sirius and, personally, I don't like it at all.
Re: sirius or xm [message #62138 is a reply to message #25403] Sat, 20 March 2010 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
DaBase is currently offline  DaBase
Baron
I recently purchased sirius and like it very much. I guess the best way to see which is right for you is to find people who have both and listen to the programming and sound.
Previous Topic: Forum Changes
Next Topic: Speaker pins broken
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 05 06:53:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout