Home » Audio » General » Grado Headphones?
Grado Headphones? [message #24960] Thu, 18 October 2007 18:27 Go to next message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
Anyone here own a pair of Grados?I heard that they were a great set of headphones. Top notch set of headphones that run around 69 to 295 dollars. Not only do they sound nice but they look exceptional.

Re: Grado Headphones? [message #24967 is a reply to message #24960] Sun, 21 October 2007 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Grado makes good products, and most of their stuff is pretty good. Not the best, not the worst. Definitely good for the money, above average, I'd say.

Re: Grado Headphones? [message #24968 is a reply to message #24960] Mon, 22 October 2007 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crystal is currently offline  Crystal
Viscount
I never heard about grados. Are there any online retailers that sell this product? That would useful to know. I think I will google it in a bit.

Crystal

Re: Grado Headphones? [message #24987 is a reply to message #24960] Fri, 25 April 2008 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazychile is currently offline  crazychile
Baron
I've owned a pair of Grado SR-80's for about 5 years and like them pretty well for the price. They are open backed phones so anyone around you can hear what you are listening to. They are 32 ohm headphones and will sound good with the standard headhone output on any device, although benefitscan be had with an external headphone amp. Some of the phones from Sennheiser are 600ohm and pretty much require a good headphone amp to make them sound the way that was intended.

I currently use a pair of Etymotic Er-4P headphones and love them. This is basically what I use all day long plugged into an ipod

Re: Grado Headphones? [message #60098 is a reply to message #24967] Tue, 07 July 2009 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alvena is currently offline  alvena
Esquire
There are so many great headphones you can buy for $300.00
For rock, as far as Grado's go, many feel that the Grado SR 225 is perfect
for rock music. AKG, Audio-Technica, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Sony, Grado
all make great headphones for under $300. Note, if you live or work in a
noisy enviroment, you may want to go with a closed headphone (Grado's are
not closed headphones). Personally, I had a SR 325, and the earpads were
very unconfortable.
Re: Grado Headphones? [message #62070 is a reply to message #60098] Sat, 13 March 2010 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
I have a pair of SRi125 ($150) and find them to be very good. I find the new earpieces more comfortable than those from a couple of years ago.

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Re: Grado Headphones? [message #62719 is a reply to message #24987] Sun, 16 May 2010 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxie is currently offline  Maxie
Chancellor
crazychile wrote on Fri, 25 April 2008 08:10

I've owned a pair of Grado SR-80's for about 5 years and like them pretty well for the price. They are open backed phones so anyone around you can hear what you are listening to. They are 32 ohm headphones and will sound good with the standard headhone output on any device, although benefitscan be had with an external headphone amp. Some of the phones from Sennheiser are 600ohm and pretty much require a good headphone amp to make them sound the way that was intended.

I currently use a pair of Etymotic Er-4P headphones and love them. This is basically what I use all day long plugged into an ipod

I have found that I do prefer the Etomotic earphones over the Grado. I have tried a couple different styles and, all in all, they were just more comfortable.
Re: Grado Headphones? [message #62927 is a reply to message #62719] Thu, 27 May 2010 22:28 Go to previous message
Lyrica is currently offline  Lyrica
Chancellor
I have a pair of Grado SR 80s that I bought online a while back for use at my computer. For the price I was quite pleased with the sound, but they do put a lot of pressure on my ears.
Previous Topic: Surge protectors
Next Topic: windshield speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 13:45:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout