Home » Audio » General » Great Plains Audiofest Writeup, Page 1
Re: Great Plains Audiofest Writeup, Page 1 [message #1868 is a reply to message #1555] Sun, 12 June 2005 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guitarplayer is currently offline  guitarplayer
Baron
I finally had a chance to read all of the report and have to say, really nice job, Wayne!

Thanks for your hard work on the GPAF, I'm looking forward to next year.

Regards,

Lee

Re: Great Plains Audiofest Writeup, Page 8 [message #1870 is a reply to message #1614] Mon, 13 June 2005 01:11 Go to previous message
John Stehno is currently offline  John Stehno
Esquire
Hi, Wayne.

Thank you for the compliments on the rack. They are much appreciated.

Alhough I've never met Lee of Cryo-Parts in person, I've purchased product from him numerous times and correspond with him via email on a semi-frequent basis. He's quite the gentleman and his products are very good quality and a real value price wise. Lee was kind enough to offer to display one of my racks to provide me some exposure.

And I'm glad to hear his exhibit was a real success.

BTW, the model name of the red rack in the photos is the 'What Rack?'. I believe there is another vendor using the name 'Just a Rack' for their product.

The What Rack? is my entry level line and my only all-metal version. This one being red anodized aluminum (except for the ss fittings and pods). Whereas my other models incorporate stainless steel and exotic woods.

I designed this all aluminum version of the What Rack? for purposes exactly like what Lee used it for while still maintaining a very high degree of performance. The 3-shelf rack assembles in about 10 minutes, only weighs about 25 lbs as it can be lifted off the ground with one finger, and one can fit 3 or 4 of these racks inside a small pup-tent duffle bag when disassembled. In comparison, the stainless steel version of the What Rack? weighs about 3 times that of the aluminum version.

I figure when vendors and manufacturers are already lugging hundreds of pounds across the country for a show, who needs another couple hundred pounds worth of racking systems to assemble?

I'm not in production as of yet so I hope nobody thinks I'm shilling. If you did not happen to attend THE Show last January, I displayed my prototypes in the lobby there and below is a url showing those photos of my other models.

Regards,

-John Stehno

Previous Topic: Anti-Cables, for speakers?
Next Topic: Our second modified tuner report: # 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 14:48:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout