Home » Audio » General » Warning: Dangerous Territory - A Cable Question
Warning: Dangerous Territory - A Cable Question [message #1746] Sat, 21 May 2005 10:16 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
From what little I understand the idea of an interconnect is to accurately transmit a voltage signature where the impedance of the sink is high enough to make the current flow negligible.

If this is essentially correct, wouldn’t graphite spark plug wires make excellent single-ended interconnects?

Carbon interconnects [message #1747 is a reply to message #1746] Sat, 21 May 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There is a carbon interconnect, similar to carbon core spark plug wires:

Durn! [message #1748 is a reply to message #1747] Sat, 21 May 2005 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poindexter is currently offline  Poindexter
Viscount
Do they still make those?  That's a long commercial life for a product I've never heard of being actually bought and used.

Poinz

Ping Howard [message #1760 is a reply to message #1746] Sun, 22 May 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
From what I remember of Howard's (ART member) old website, he actually built a set of carbon fiber (?) interconnects and did quite a bit of testing. He would be a good source of information. Follow link to get his email address .....Colin

Why is cable, "Dangerous Territory"? [message #1782 is a reply to message #1746] Tue, 24 May 2005 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guitarplayer is currently offline  guitarplayer
Baron
Just wondering why people believe that? Some people would say low powered amps and highly sensitive speakers are "dangerous territory".

Begin the flames! Man, I love this hobby.

Re: Why is cable, "Dangerous Territory"? 'Cuz... [message #1783 is a reply to message #1782] Tue, 24 May 2005 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
cable talk tends to draw flames, big time.

Re: Why is cable, "Dangerous Territory"? 'Cuz... [message #1792 is a reply to message #1783] Wed, 25 May 2005 10:34 Go to previous message
guitarplayer is currently offline  guitarplayer
Baron
That's for sure! Last thing we need is for this place to degenerate into what some other nameless sites have become...

Regards,

Lee

Previous Topic: goodmans DIMENSIONS 8
Next Topic: Attenuate amp inputs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 23:15:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers