Home » Audio » Speaker » 30hz horn design complete.
30hz horn design complete. [message #16108] Sun, 08 February 2004 02:46 Go to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Hi! ^nice set of labhorns! i want my horn to look like that.

Greetings from New Zealand!
Progression is being made.

Things have shaped up for the better.
1) NZ dollar is strong (but shipping costs are still bastardly expensive)eg=100$(us dollar) for 3month shipping!
2) i inherited a small hatchback capable of transporting a basshorn
3) the lab12 is 460$ (NZ dollars)to my house,so il get it no matter what-its alot considering its 150$ US at partsexpress.com !

The shiva performs the same( small signal wise anyway)
I really do trust the lab12 more,just look at its quality.

Re: 30hz horn design complete. [message #16112 is a reply to message #16108] Sun, 08 February 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Your horn looks like it will pack a whallop in a small space! I'm sure it's designed for eighth space, so it should be installed within a foot of the corner or so. Your horn uses a single Shiva driver, doesn't it? I think your design is quite attractive - 35Hz response from an 11ft3 basshorn. That's really great, both because of its size and overall cost. Seems like it would be a great speaker for home hi-fi!

Re: 30hz horn design complete. [message #16116 is a reply to message #16112] Sun, 08 February 2004 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It can use a shiva or lab12 whichever i decide.

its not too bad,unfortunately i had to sacrifice the real 30hz,chopping it 47cm too short.no matter,it HAD to fit in the car,or else its no use to get it home...

:-)

Re: 30hz horn design complete. [message #16117 is a reply to message #16116] Sun, 08 February 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Good to be able to second-source a part. That way you can be more certain that parts will always be available, and sometimes negotiate better prices too.

It's really radical to put a basshorn in a car.

Re: 30hz horn design complete. [message #16118 is a reply to message #16117] Mon, 09 February 2004 03:59 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I just rememberd im going on holiday on march 3-9 in auckland so il need $ to be up there with...so basshorn will have to be made after that :-S

Good things take time i tell myself.
At tech ive started CISCO networking :-) great fun!

Previous Topic: Lansing Heritage Speaker Project
Next Topic: Questions about piezo super tweet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 13:20:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout