Home » Audio » General » Taking Requests for GPAF
Taking Requests for GPAF [message #1420] Fri, 01 April 2005 06:50 Go to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
I'm facing a dilemma. I've got quite a bit of gear here that I'd like to bring to GPAF, but I'm limited to what will fit in a Volvo 240 wagon, so I have to whittle things down. At the same time, I don't want to NOT bring something that a buncha folks want to hear, so . . .

While I can't guarantee that I'll be able to honor all requests, I thought I'd toss out the question:

WHAT Audio Note GEAR WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR AT GPAF?

DAC's ?
Pre-amps ?
Power Amps ?
Speakers ?
Cable?

Which models?
What Levels or price ranges?

As they (still) say in some voting precincts,

VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN !!

Re: Taking Requests for GPAF [message #1421 is a reply to message #1420] Fri, 01 April 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
My vote:
1. Top of the line SET amps from AN
2. Non OS Dac
3. AN Speakers.

David,
Can't you get all three to provide us a full AN setup?

thanks, and look forward to nmeeting you.
-akhilesh

Re: Taking Requests for GPAF [message #1424 is a reply to message #1421] Fri, 01 April 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Oh yes, it's not an either/or by category - there will be at least 2 full systems this time!
I was asking what - within the categories - are people most curious about.

I know that I can carry two complete systems because I've done it.

There will be a CDT Two/II, and perhaps a first gen. CDT One to keep things simple for me, supplying a DAC3.1x Balanced and DAC1.1x Mk II Sig. There will be a new spec M3 preamp with Phono and Quest Silver mono amps. There will be one of the integrateds and probably a kit Pre and a Kit 4 amp. There will be AN/E's of one sort or another (we have ten levels of them, after all!) There will be one or two pairs of AX and/or AZ and/or K and/or J speakers as well. Which speakers are of particular interest?

In terms of vinyl, I'll bring my Voyd table with me, but is there also interest in the TT One?

That's the sort of thing I need to figure out, and am willing to take input from the ART-istic community.

As was the case with the E/Sogon speakers, the top of the line amps - Onakgu and Kegons - went back to England after CES. I want to get an Ongaku or one of its new somewhat less extreme siblings here in the U.S. once they go into production, but they're still prototypes at this point.

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well !

Re: I have a request...... [message #1428 is a reply to message #1424] Fri, 01 April 2005 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
.....pick me up in Columbus on I-270 and I'll drive the rest of the way............maybe............I'll bring my own Matzoh

Re: I have a request...... [message #1429 is a reply to message #1428] Fri, 01 April 2005 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Are you not bringing any gear, or are you planning to strap it to the roof, or maybe the gear goes in the front seat and we strap you to the roof . . . ?

Re: I have a request too...... [message #1431 is a reply to message #1429] Sat, 02 April 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I have three requests:

1. Drive through Ohio and bring Epstein
2. Bring an Audio Note system that costs less than $5K total.
3. Bring a statement system that shows what can be done, money no object.

Re: Taking Requests for GPAF [message #1434 is a reply to message #1421] Sat, 02 April 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
This isn't something I can help with because I have a full truckload of stuff plus one wife coming with me, but if you are space-constrained it might be helpful if you asked someone who is local to provide a suitable equipment rack, amp stands, etc. for your exhibit room.

Re: I have a request too...... [message #1436 is a reply to message #1431] Sat, 02 April 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Hi Wayne,

1) Happy to. I was going that way anyhow, and what would a regional show be without Wild Bill?

2) Between the integrated, the Kit Pre + Kit 4 and AX Two and AZ Two speakers, that range will be well represented, minus source. Our least expensive digital source is now $3,750, so that won't fit, but the entry analog rig is under $2k, so that works.

3) The Audio Note "statement" system only exists in Peter's living room, as far as I know; no one else has all the elements, some of which are not in production. (It's the $300,000 system we showed at Milan last Sept and at CES in Jan.) I don't have anything that exalted in residence. Wouldja settle for a lovely $30,000 system?

This show is gonna be sooooooo coooooo.

Uh, that was coooool, not coooooo. duh. (n/t) [message #1437 is a reply to message #1436] Sat, 02 April 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
nt

Re: I have a request too...... [message #1440 is a reply to message #1436] Sat, 02 April 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I don't know about the rest of us, but i think i could settle for the $30,000 system as sufficiently representing AN's high end sound.

Another thing that would be cool would be the ability to compare analog to digital with the same downstream.
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: $125,000 Audio Note speakers at GPAF?
Next Topic: Enlightening experience!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 13:03:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout