Home » Audio » Source » Pioneer RT - 707 woes (wows)
Pioneer RT - 707 woes (wows) [message #13850] Fri, 03 February 2006 10:18 Go to next message
MOGUL is currently offline  MOGUL
Esquire
HI,

I have a mint condition Pioneer RT – 707. I know one of the specs for these decks used to be wow and flutter. Wow does it have wow - almost slows to a halt at times and lots of chipmunks at either speed. FF and Rew seem to be OK although rewind tends to spill a little tape. Previous owner says he hasn’t used it in a while and says “the wheels may need lubricating” but forgets how to do it. No manual. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
John

Re: Pioneer RT - 707 woes (wows) [message #13851 is a reply to message #13850] Fri, 03 February 2006 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You need a speed adjustment, and you may also need a pinch roller. It's possible you may need a motor or two. If you're comfortable working on the deck, pick up a service manual at StereoManuals.com and perform the adjustments prescribed. Pinch rollers were still available from Pioneer last time I checked, which was about two years ago. Mine had become jelly bears, so I bought a new one and a couple extras to keep on hand.

Re: Pioneer RT - 707 woes (wows) [message #13852 is a reply to message #13851] Sat, 04 February 2006 11:13 Go to previous message
MOGUL is currently offline  MOGUL
Esquire
Thanks Wayne. I'm looking into these things.

John

Previous Topic: turntable surface noise in right channel
Next Topic: Problems with turntable's ground wires, help needed.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 09:23:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio