Home » Audio » General » Cables???
Re: Da tings I do fer youse guys [message #1315 is a reply to message #1314] Mon, 21 February 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Out Of Stock Royal Cable

This could be it! Maybe....

Re: Da tings I do fer youse guys [message #1317 is a reply to message #1315] Mon, 21 February 2005 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bill, did you buy out the nation's complete supply? If Wal Mart doesn't have it then who does? I suppose I'll just have to be satisfied with the roll of Parts Express Sound Kink ofc that I already have on a shelf somewhere.

But I still have to wonder if I shouldn't splurge for a couple of rolls of Apex Jr's 16ga silver-plated teflon-insulated wire at 15 cents per foot. I could wire the new arrays for about $30. Of course that's a lot of money for wire, but I'm a patrician sort of guy.

Yah, don't hertchaseff. [message #1322 is a reply to message #1315] Mon, 21 February 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poindexter is currently offline  Poindexter
Viscount
Thanks.

I'm in the utter weeds (in Maui), so I'll stop down at WallyWorld tomorrow, and see if they have any left.

It's just dirty ol' rope-lay 14ga., who'da thunk it would sound fab? If it don't go all the way up, I may parallel it with a single strand of 24ga. Cat5P per run, just to put all you chumps back on the trailer, where you belong.

Poinz

Re:The problem isn't the cable industry ....... [message #1334 is a reply to message #1311] Thu, 24 February 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm sure everyone has a good cable story, and here's mine. A couple of Saturdays ago our presenter at the Houston Audio Society was the head of a high end cable company. Their flagship speaker cable sells in the $20K to $30K range depending on the length you select. This product's claim to fame is the use of LED's within the cable to "bathe the conductors in a gentle light". That beats the battery bias bullshit by several light years (no pun intended).

At the other end of the spectrum there are some companies that charge reasonable prices for their products. A couple of examples are Element cable at http://www.elementcable.com/ and Signal cable at http://www.signalcable.com/ Both offer good sounding interconnects in the $50 price range with their premium products selling for a bit over $100. But they don't offer battery bias, LED's, or magic potions of any kind, so they can't be as good as the high priced spread.

Re:The problem isn't the cable industry ....... [message #1336 is a reply to message #1334] Thu, 24 February 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

A Vote in Favor [message #1337 is a reply to message #1307] Thu, 24 February 2005 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
I know that there are clearly audible differences between cables: digital, IC and loudspeaker cable.

Then again, I have no trouble believing that you can listen to a lot of best known most popular cables and come away unimpressed.

Since I sell cables, I'll probably stay the hell away from it, (except for power cords, which I don't sell), but I think a Cable Forum might be a good idea.

I beg to differ. [message #1344 is a reply to message #1334] Sun, 27 February 2005 19:55 Go to previous message
Poindexter is currently offline  Poindexter
Viscount
The pun was definitely intended.

Yer pal,

Poinz

Previous Topic: No cable forum???
Next Topic: Sorry if this is an obvious question.......
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 10:53:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio