Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
392 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 16 December 2011 18:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: One Cubic Foot Subs
I don't have any in my lineup, but direct radiating subs are pretty easy to design. No internal standing waves in the passband, because the boxes are much smaller than a wavelength. So you can expect them to act just like T/S simulators say. Basical...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 30 November 2011 19:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi with Sonido SCW-300
Motor run caps are hit and miss. Some are excellent, so it's worth experimenting with them, in my opinion. But some are too lossy and others just plain sound bad. The ones to avoid are the poly caps. The oil filled ones are the ones you want. Box ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 01 November 2011 17:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Notes for the DIYer
Several new loudspeaker projects have been started that are similar to my three π and four π loudspeakers. So I'm getting lots of PMs and posts asking what I'd do about this and what I think about that. Most seem to be concerned with the crossover, thi...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 15 October 2011 10:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: AE Drivers
The seven π loudspeaker could probably be fitted with an AE TD15M, although I haven't tested it. The reason I think it would probably work is the (300Hz) crossover point is low enough that the woofer characteristics would almost certainly be similar. A...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 09 October 2011 08:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LAB12
Yes, I believe it would. Good find - I may bring one in to try it too. Remember though - You don't want to high-pass the mains like you would in a prosound environment. Most times, in the prosound world, the speakers are used in a very large room w...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 19 September 2011 14:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Trapezoid enclosures
In general, you can make the shape of the cabinet anything you want. The bass tuning doesn't care, unless it becomes very long and thin, in which case pipe modes setup in the bass, making it a transmission line. But in general, you can make the shape a...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 09 September 2011 11:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Contemplating a change
I probably wouldn't change your box at all, except to cut a hole for the tweeter. Don't change port size or reposition it. If you have to do that, I'd start from scratch and build as shown in the plans. As I said, the whole deal with cabinet dimensi...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 09 September 2011 09:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Contemplating a change
It's hard to say. On the one hand, I always tell folks contemplating mods to think twice, because these designs are mature and have been thoroughly tested. On the other hand, you've had those boxes for years, so I would assume you like the midbass/midr...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 01 September 2011 13:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Damping material placement
I hate to say it but with all those mods, all bets are off. However, insulation spanning the cross-section is a good idea in general for large cabinets used into the midrange. It helps damp standing waves at midrange frequencies where insulation lining...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 01 September 2011 10:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Damping material placement
I use R13 (which is about 3" thick) on the back, top and side nearest the port. I also use a sheet that spans the cross-section, glued on the brace between the woofer and tweeter, which is also between the woofer and port. Honestly, this is probab...
Pages (40): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 16:46:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio