Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
255 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Tue, 20 June 2006 08:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Inexpensive Phono Stage
I still have a Seduction kit in the box, unopened. I had a pair of Paramours and a Foreplay too, had planned on making an all-Bottlehead system at one time. But I got rid of it all except the Seduction kit when I found the Stoetkit. One of these times,...
2 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Tue, 20 June 2006 07:13 «» By: Shane
Manualblock- I'd be interested in the design your using.The Hag can be run with batteries only, or you can also make the PS and run it off that. Without the PS and just using batteries would be about $75-80 or so.
3 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Tue, 20 June 2006 06:43 «» By: Manualblock
Well I can say that this little op-amp based unit may surprise people. The only drawback I can see is you must change batteries every 8 or 10 hrs of play. Comparing it too the Seduction then the Seduction is a better unit soundwise; but this little batter...
4 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Mon, 19 June 2006 22:21 «» By: Shane
Inexpensive Phono Stage
Well, I'm going to be aquiring the SL-5 in several weeks, and I'll need to get a linestage for the thing. I would prefer to keep it inexpensive (less than $100 for sure) and possibly DIY (I like to tinker ). I'll look at a Seduction or something tubey ...
5 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 19 June 2006 19:03 «» By: Manualblock
Re: Dang! Shoulda got it Sat.
I have an older model DIY phono stage that works on Batteries. It uses two NE 5534 signetics op-amp and a couple caps and resistors. It sounds about as good as a basic 200$ stage you might buy in a store. It ran me about 40$ to build. One thing is the two...
6 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 19 June 2006 14:00 «» By: Shane
Dang! Shoulda got it Sat.
Stopped by on my lunch real quick and it was gone. Well, somebody got a good deal. I was gonna take my Carver Receiver I use in the garage and put it to use as a phono stage for the turntable of my Aunts, then put the Pioneer in the garage. Guess I'll ...
7 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Wed, 07 June 2006 13:38 «» By: charlieboy
Re: Remember this ugly Bugle phono stage from the swap meet?
Looks very nice now. Great job on a nice phono pre to start with .
8 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Wed, 07 June 2006 13:27 «» By: charlieboy
Re: New Turntable Advice
Hi Chris,Well as far as a table a good used Rega or Thorens would be nice. You can find the Regas with the 250 arm all day long. Cartridges would depend on if you want MM or MC. You can also find great used Musical Fidelty gear as far a inexpensive phono...
9 Forum: General «» Posted on: Tue, 06 June 2006 22:18 «» By: charlieboy
Ok let's try again.
I just found this forumand wanted to say Hi. I alayws like looking at other peopls setups and would like to start with mine. The TT on the left is my dedicated 78 spinner a Rek-O-Kut 743 with a GE tonearm and cartridge, along with the homebrew amp and ph...
10 Forum: Swap Meet «» Posted on: Mon, 05 June 2006 23:50 «» By: charlieboy
Hi everyone I just found this forum.
I have just found this forum and I am always interested in what people are using as far as equipment. So I will show mine.The TT on the left is my dedicated 78 spinner along with the homebrew amp and phono stage on the 3rd shelf down on the right. It feed...
Pages (26): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 05:43:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio