Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
190 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 15 December 2008 11:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Back loaded corner horn
Corner loading is pretty simple really. A corner confines the radiation pattern to eighth-space and in so doing provides 9dB DI. There are other issues to consider, such as crossover points and room modes, but those are specific to the design and the ro...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 December 2008 18:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How many subs are enough?
Outdoors, I would prefer the subs packed close together, ideally within 1/4λ from each other and from the mains. The idea is to create a single sound source so there is no cancellation interference between sound sources. In this case, a single sub would...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 15 August 2008 11:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Treatment for a cancellation notch - Multiple subs
No problem, that's what this forum is here for.
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 15 August 2008 05:35 «» By: PaulW
Yes, we have discussed this before and I will admit to have a bit of reticence in adding more speakers to my rather small room for reasons of visual impact, more wires, which is why I'm still pursuing the passive route at the moment.....But I do have that...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 14 August 2008 11:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
The best thing to do is to add subs. I think you and I discussed this before, but just to be sure I'll hit the high points. The idea of adding subs isn't just to augment the low end but also to smooth room modes. Having just two subs added to the two b...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 07 July 2008 14:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
How about multiple smaller subs?
I would opt for more subs, not larger. That will allow you to smooth room modes. My suggestion would be to use four smaller subs and position them where CARA shows will give you the smoothest bass throughout the room. An example would be four LAB12 woo...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 20 June 2008 14:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Four π and room interactions
The heat sink on the front of the Kilomax is one of the reasons I stopped using them. I love the idea of pole piece wicking, but don't much care for the idea of putting the heat sink in front of the cone. In fact, I have a patent applied for a pole piec...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 11 June 2008 22:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Room modes
Sounds like a well-built structure, but it also sounds very rigid. I'll bet your room modes are very well defined. If that's the case then any speaker with some bass will energize the modes and they'll stand out.Best thing to smooth room modes is multip...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 11 June 2008 19:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Excellent!
Very good, please keep us posted. The seven π loudspeaker has long been my favorite, it measures very nice and always sounded great to me too. Hope it is as pleasant for you as it has been for me.As an aside, what kind of floor and walls do you have?In ...
10 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Fri, 09 May 2008 12:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LSAF 2008 - Show Coverage, Seminar Recordings, Slideshows and Handouts
Don't leave out Skip Pack and Bob Brines. They generally have very good sounding systems. I regret that I didn't get a chance to stop by and listen. Too much to do!About Duke's speakers, I was able to listen briefly and what I heard sounded very good. ...
Pages (19): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 03:20:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio