Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
190 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 30 April 2009 13:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Boundary conditions and floor bounce
I use a 12dB/octave slope for the low-pass filter to subs. I do not high-pass the mains for home hifi applications. The key here is blending, so overlap is your friend. For subs placed close to the mains, something like 4-8 feet away, I usually use 80-...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 30 April 2009 11:14 «» By: Norris Wilson
Re: Boundary conditions and floor bounce
Thanks Wayne,Great information as always, easy to understand.You said:"Floor bounce is entirely dependent on height. It causes a notch somewhere, usually in the lower midrange, when speakers are placed on stands. That makes a trade-off of competing priori...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 26 April 2009 17:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Questions on the 12 and 3 pi subs
Check your mail - I've sent plans.When using subs for prosound, use baltic birch. It's much more durable and it's lighter than MDF too.You decision about whether to use one 12π hornsub or a small group (say four) of the three π subs should be entirely di...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 23 February 2009 13:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Cornerhorn implementations
I'll try to answer your specific question first, and then move on to "the bigger picture." The Omega 15 is a better woofer than the Delta 15. Not that the Delta 15 is a bad woofer, I find it very pleasant sounding, but the cast frame, lar...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 15 February 2009 12:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Using multi-subs to smooth bass response in room
Have you ever considered using multiple subwoofers? The multi-sub configuration not only provides deeper bass extension but also smoothes room modes. I've used seven π cornerhorns by themselves in many rooms and been absolutely thrilled by their perf...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 22 January 2009 11:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How 'bout a four π speaker?
I rest mine on small angled risers, which lift the front of the speakers about three inches and the rear only about one inch. This has an effect of angling the forward axis up slightly. In this position, the tweeter is at ear level when seated.Another o...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 21 January 2009 18:21 «» By: Stollie
Re: Alternate woofer for 3Pi
Thanks Wayne. I'm just partial to cast frames vs stamped steel. What about the Delta Pro-12A 12" Cast Frame Driver. Says' it good past 4K. It may be a bit bass shy, but that could be handled via multiple subs.
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 07 January 2009 01:14 «» By: Rocketmail
Re: Positioning and subs
Thanks, Wayne, for the informative answer and suggestions. The tilted base is similar to the Klipsch Heresy bases available when I used those speakers, although I actually mounted the Heresys on boxes and placed them in corners. Experimentation is the...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 06 January 2009 19:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Positioning and subs
I like to use a small riser that angles the speakers back about 5°. Not much, just enough to tilt the forward axis up slightly, to put the pattern at ear level a few feet back. This keeps the midwoofers low enough that there is no floor bounce notch. ...
10 Forum: Dungeon «» Posted on: Fri, 02 January 2009 20:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Projects aplenty
My living room is large but was not purpose-designed for acoustics. It is, however, well damped and large, so having speakers that create a uniform reverberent field and using multiple distributed subs, I expect to be able to optimize this room quite nic...
Pages (19): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 13:30:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio