Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
190 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 10 February 2010 22:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi 4s in basic black for Home Theater?
That's a good setup, but angle the left and right speakers so their forward axes cross in front of the listener. I'd also suggest positioning the surrounds just behind and the listeners and to each side, angling them in to cross their forward axes just ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 20 November 2009 15:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3Pi Satellite idea
I understand your desire to make the cabinets smaller. That's a worthy goal. And I think what you've described is probably pretty safe. However, I want to mention that you're not looking for crossover between subs and mains when used indoors, at least...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 02 October 2009 13:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Dense Interference
Look at the concept of dense interference. When several acoustically distant sound sources (direct and/or reflected) combine, some constructively, some destructively and some in-between, what you have at any given listening position is neither a full ca...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 28 September 2009 16:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multisubs
For indoor installs, I like subs to be run up higher, sometimes to around 60-80Hz, other times even just north of 100Hz (if close enough to mains). The reason is to introduce dense interference in order to smooth room modes. Multiple subs
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 14 September 2009 21:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi
The three π's are happy in any room size although I do find that eight feet is about the lower limit of any room dimension, really for just about any loudspeaker. Probably nothing smaller than 100 sq. feet with standard eight foot ceilings. I'd much ra...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 13 September 2009 23:14 «» By: Scaper
Re: What about Oval shaped drivers (like 4"x6") for arrays?
I was just hoping to get some info on the oval drivers for line arrays that's all. I was told the members here know a lot about setting them up. I'm not really sure if you were poking fun at the setup I have or not. I figured your statement woul...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 September 2009 09:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2-Pi Tower floorbounce
That's key - Floor bounce interference manifests itself not only by the distance from midwoofer to ground but also the distance from source to listener. At 6-8 feet, it's around 150Hz. The thing is, while you could smooth the notch with multiple soun...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 02 September 2009 20:06 «» By: Psychoacoustic
Re: slope or slanted baffle vs stands four Pi
To echo Shane- multiple subs are more than an augmentation for the Pi4 on stands- they enable a whole other character to be revealed and do wonders for the listening room. Been using two Pi3 subs with Pi4 and other speakers- consider them a necessity now.
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 10 July 2009 16:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi subwoofer kits
Freespace sensitivity is 89dB. If you just use a pair of subs, you'll need about 10dB gain in the amp stage to match the stereo mains. If you use four subs, you won't need as much gain and you'll also get better smoothing from multiple bass sound sourc...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 13 June 2009 11:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Mid to Woofer crossover frequency selection
Subwoofers act differently indoors than they do outdoors because of room reflections. Outdoors, it makes sense to position sound sources so they combine constructively, within 1/4λ at the crossover point. Indoors, this doesn't work because boundary refle...
Pages (19): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 18:08:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio