Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
214 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 03 September 2004 18:58 «» By: Martin
Re: BR + TL + FH
Hi Ralph,I think that the problem you are going to run into is that the front horn will raise the efficiency of the driver's output and the TL (or BR) at the back will only match the driver's original efficiency. You will end up with a very weak bass out...
2 Forum: General «» Posted on: Fri, 03 September 2004 14:44 «» By: Manualblock
Re: Archie difital files on a hard drive
Good reply. I did not mean to suggest that mods are of no value but re-reading my own post I see I may have done that. I really mean't to express the thought that mods are not always beneficial especially with vintage gear. I always replace vintage electr...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 22 August 2004 23:35 «» By: GM
Re: Front horns
To extend a horn's HF BW requires higher compression (smaller throat), but FR drivers diaphragms aren't designed to handle the load, so will distort at very low power. Also, a phase plug is required to keep cancellations from occurring due to different pa...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 20 August 2004 08:03 «» By: Bill Fitzmaurice
Re: Horns / Arrays
I assume by arrays you mean a line array of direct radiators in a single box; keep in mind that a line array of horn loaded drivers is also possible. If you do mean a single box line array versus a single horn loaded box the line array will likely be a ta...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 12 August 2004 17:20 «» By: Martin
Re: Lowther / Fostex
Your letting my off too easy!Actually, many of the Lowther and Fostex eight inch drivers share similar Thiele/Small parameters. The Fostex FE-206E and FE-207E and most of the eight inch Sigma drivers along with almost all of the Lowther drivers are fairl...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 27 July 2004 15:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Does this mean ...
Yes, if you can get the radiator closer into the corner, it will be effective at higher frequency. The further out you move it, the lower the point at which boundaries begin to act like reflectors. It's the same sort of thing that happens at the baffle ...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 18 July 2004 20:54 «» By: Jim Griffin
A Few Answers
Allan,A few answers to your qquestions:1) I can go with either 16 or 20 drivers per side. IF I go with 20, my ear height will be lower than the center of the array. Is there any disadavantage to having the center of the array above your listening height?A...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 18 July 2004 15:27 «» By: Allan
A few questions
I've been wanting to build a line array for a couple of years and when I saw the PE 4 inch buyout ($.69 each) I went ahead and bought 40 of them. I'm also planning on buying 12 Dayton PT2 planar tweeters from PE this week. Mostly an experiment with no mag...
9 Forum: Craftsmen «» Posted on: Tue, 13 July 2004 14:35 «» By: GarMan
How to Flush-mount Irregular Shapes?
Alright. So flush-mounting circular drivers is pretty straight-forward. But how best to flush-mount the irregular shapes, or objects where external dimensions are not a constant offset of the baffle cutout? For example, plastic horn flares or four-side...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 06 July 2004 14:29 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: Array Speaker vs a high efficiency horn?
James,As you may have read, I'm a believer in near field line arrays. From the sensitivity viewpoint you get array gain of 10log (number of drivers) so, for example, with 10 drivers you have an array gain of 10 dB above each individual driver. Depending...
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 13:56:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio