Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
214 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 06 February 2005 18:25 «» By: RMW
My One Pi's are done (almost)
Continuation of this thread:http://www.audioroundtable.com/PiSpeakers/messages/16194.htmlMy woodworker friend and I finally finished off the baffles on Saturday morning. The cutouts for the LF and HF drivers and the cutouts for the terminal cups are all r...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 20 January 2005 07:56 «» By: cmanning
New array in progress...
I have built two arrays in the last year, and now it's time for a third. Both of the previous were 16 NSB's. One of them used a liine of 24 Onkyo's the other used two PE PT-2's. Both of these designs used 14" open baffles with support "wings" (quotes he...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 27 November 2004 20:14 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: Ping: Jim Griffin - DIY Atlanta speaker
Bill,The Jordan JX92S is a very nice driver when used alone. Like most speakers you will need a little baffle step compensation (BSC) to balance the sound. The JX92S would certainly be a step above the Fostex 103E. While the Jordan driver does several...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 10 November 2004 18:20 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: 3-way arrays
Allan,It should work as you envision. I assume that you will crossover to the 4" mids in the 100-300 Hz range depending on the capabilities of the your 10's. The issue you may have is how to address baffle step compensation which likely will impact you...
5 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 25 October 2004 12:45 «» By: akhilesh
Re: Single driver/single ended/George Brienes/Martin King
HI John,Great point! My experience is that single driver speakers offer a large midrange bump, and this exaggerates the "presence" of the vocalist who sings in that range as well as instruments that play in that range. I try to tone this down in the inter...
6 Forum: General «» Posted on: Sun, 24 October 2004 13:02 «» By: Poindexter
Corrective reactive components.
What about resistive/reactive circuits that cause phase to be more linear? Dunno; I haven't tried it.  There are some very sharp guys who do this all the time.  Remember also that simple (no feedback) audio circuits and speakers/crossovers are m...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 11 October 2004 15:24 «» By: Martin
More Resonances!
Here is something I wrote for the bass list and Madisound board a few years ago. It is consisten with the respsone above but adds a few different thoughts."Please find below a condensed and modified response that I posted on the bass list to a similar qu...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 22 September 2004 06:02 «» By: Martin
Re: fostex design search results
Hi J.R."Understand from where my position comes; that in fact I have always understood the purpose of a full range driver to be an attempt to avoid the deleterious effects of passive components on the speed and ability to resolve complex passages in the s...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 17 September 2004 13:31 «» By: Bill Fitzmaurice
Re: Both!
True, but don't put too much emphasis on the directional aspect of horns as a gain source. The primary reason for the apparant gain of a horn with respect to the directional pattern has to do with the physical size of the horn mouth, and the fact that onc...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 05 September 2004 18:21 «» By: Martin
Re: BR + TL + FH
Ralph,I really do not know the answer to your question. In most cases you are looking to maximize the bass output to balance the mid and high end. You can use a back loaded horn to offset the baffle step but as you say the size becomes an issue. I don'...
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 17:08:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio