Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
366 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Wed, 12 October 2005 04:08 «» By: PakProtector
you don't get it...
MQ: Rather than argue theory and psuedo science with you.Don't worry Mike, I won't be arguing anything with you. Certainly not your pseudo science or theories like you created to explain how the simple wind EX0-173 is the 'perfect phase splitter', and why...
2 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Tue, 11 October 2005 20:56 «» By: MQracing
Re: what's next?
Rather than argue theory and psuedo science with you. I say... pick an appropiate plate choke and give it a try. Listen to it. Measure it. Report your findings. The true test is how it sounds, right?Doug... your not going to succeed in trolling me in...
3 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Mon, 10 October 2005 19:13 «» By: PakProtector
what's next?
simplifying Merli to a SE, para-feed 2A3 amp?So Mike, you deliver this interesting idea for a new linestage circuit, and then can't deliver a well thought out reason past, "plate chokes sound different to some", and "plate chokes are simpler than CCS-es"....
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 06 October 2005 18:07 «» By: spkrman57
Re: ** Pi chart request **
Wayne,I am using a powered sub plate amp for my 2242, I asked about if building the system with the 18" 8 ohm driver and 10" horn driver if they working together lower in the total impedance at the lower octaves!I would have 2 2242's, but right now I have...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 06 October 2005 17:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
The JBL 2242 will work very well in a system like this. That, or a 2241 or 2245, is what is used in Professional Series seven π-18 loudspeakers. I understand you are concerned that the plate amp will rolloff the upper response, but I think you might ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 06 October 2005 17:15 «» By: spkrman57
Looks like the Delta 10 has the best efficiency. I have that driver and Bill Epstein assembled my horns(after I screwed it up) and will give it a shot.I am going to try a lame experiment and see if a JBL 2242 will reach up to 200hz - 300hz to meet the hor...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 06 October 2005 12:59 «» By: Duke
The Cheetahs
Hi Wayne,In all fairness, my FE206E-based speaker isn't exactly a "single-driver" speaker. I'm using a couple of powered woofers to get adequate bottom end extension in a reasonable box size. Since this is of course cheating, the speakers sort of named...
8 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Wed, 05 October 2005 23:28 «» By: Damir
Re: simplifying the Guinevere
Mu-output in CCS case has low impedance and "insulate" tube from the load. Anode choke version is not really suitable for "driving" amps with low input impedance. We now have impedance of the choke in parallel with amp input impedance like the load for 56...
9 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Wed, 05 October 2005 18:37 «» By: MQracing
Re: simplifying the Guinevere
Hello MB:I'm not 100% sure I understand your question. let me give it a shot.If your asking how difficult would it be to implement say a plate choke on top of the anode of the 5687... answer is (imo) simpler and moreso straightforward than the CCS. Just...
10 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Wed, 28 September 2005 14:33 «» By: spkrman57
Re: Yamamoto A08 tweak
Dave, Sorry to hear that your Yamamoto sounds dry. But of course I also tweak/voice my speakers to my liking. I am running JBL E130(frames) reconed with 2225 kits for a (approx) 99 db efficiency. I am using a 1.2 mh coil in series with the JBL bottom an...
Pages (37): [ «    12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27    »]

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 08:13:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio