Home » Audio » Movies & Music » 'must have' [audiophile] music ?
'must have' [audiophile] music ? [message #5571] Wed, 29 December 2004 00:26 Go to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi all! Everyone says'Diana Krall sounded like she was right there in my living room!

So it sounds like shes a must have album... Any other suggestions? Ive got dire straits-sultans of swing..

Problem with electronic music is that it doesnt have the same information recorded,nothing like vocals!

Cheers
Mike.e

Re: 'must have' [audiophile] music ? [message #5572 is a reply to message #5571] Wed, 29 December 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Grab some jazz and orchestral music too. That's what you hear most often at audio shows.

Re: 'must have' [audiophile] music ? [message #5573 is a reply to message #5572] Wed, 29 December 2004 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Wayne; the music played at the two audio shows I attended gave me a headache, I personally would not want to inflict that on Mike! Back then it was Amanda McBroom. Reminds me of a catfight in a tincan.

Re: 'must have' [audiophile] music ? [message #5575 is a reply to message #5573] Thu, 30 December 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: 'must have' [audiophile] music ? [message #5576 is a reply to message #5573] Thu, 30 December 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lon is currently offline  lon
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

It's interesting that the music selection is so
questionable amongst audio heads.

I use organ recitals to do many of my tests.

Patrica Barber: Cafe Blue [message #5597 is a reply to message #5571] Thu, 20 January 2005 16:09 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
If you want to test your system for smooth vocal jazz, this CD is MUCH better than the D. KRall CDs. Much better recorded, IMHO. I own a lot of Diana Krall Cds, and this one P. Barber. All of them make for pleasant listening. But the Cafe Blus CD is MUCH better recorded.
thanx
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Capriccio find at the V.O.A.
Next Topic: Johnny Carson
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:00:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout