Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » my system..
my system.. [message #42804] Sun, 26 October 2003 04:05 Go to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
ouch whats that ghastly piece of plastic doing there..thatl be the next thing to get rid of..

-where do i put my 40hz basshorn that im building soon?
:-p attach it to the ceiling perhaps,build 2 and put them under the bed..

rather than type it all out again including HTML code for the pictures embedded..link is easier.
Cheers.!

(oops instead of backspace i hit 'sleep' for the 4th time so far. ,and the pc turned off,and winamp stuffed up,so much for cheap computers,they have stuffed keyboard layouts :P )

Heh - I gets all nostalgic & sentimental :-) [message #42806 is a reply to message #42804] Sun, 26 October 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
Looking at those Philips speakers! I had both the 7" & 8" 'version' of those 5" inch drivers, with the same dome-tweeter WAY back - must be 30+ years ago. Some of my very first 'real' loudspeakers - build the cabs myself, with a little help from my dad.

How old are these ones, Toxic?

the philips tweeter seems popular. [message #42808 is a reply to message #42806] Sun, 26 October 2003 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toxicport.e is currently offline  toxicport.e
Baron
about 1975 or so
when dad lived in Auckland (the biggest city of nz) back when he was single he had them..and only recently built them haha
i think they have 2nd order filters -he hopes he reversed the phase on the tweet he cant reemember haha

i also have 2x12" philips 8ohm with whizzers,seem to be Fs=47hz Qts=0.4 the cones all floppy when u push it :P

i think i might isobarik them put them in the car haha

dont know vas,il just try a box :-)

cheers!

Re: the philips tweeter seems popular. [message #42809 is a reply to message #42808] Sun, 26 October 2003 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
I recall those tweeters as pretty brittle & sharp in sound. In retrospective that can well have been due too a less-than-optimal crossover network - I used some that was alledgedly made for the purpose by a Danish manufacturer, but a X-over frequency at 1.5kHz & a simple network layout? I don't think so...

The Philips 12" fullrangers looks great! They look mint condition, & judged from the voicecoil & magnet size are prolly pretty efficient - but if you can get any useable bass at all from them in ANY box is a big question. On the other hand, it seems almost a waste to use them isobaric, don't you think so? Who knows, maybe one could make a couple of fun boxes to be used with a small amp in non-critical-listening circumstances - like a party ;-)

Re: the philips tweeter seems popular. [message #42810 is a reply to message #42809] Sun, 26 October 2003 20:02 Go to previous message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
im glad they are not piles of crap (the philips tweeters)

theres no way to see what crossover they are.il give dad the benefit of the doubt :-P

i think they are efficient,theyre only rated 50watt rms

i thought an isobarik would be ok to keep enclosure size minimal(ie realistic size)
dad said they go well in 6cubes\
so i thought 3cubes isobarik 47hz tuned for some 'punchy' midbass kick :-)

lightweight cone,it wobbles around several mm when my other sub is powering away on 10watt (jbl)

Previous Topic: Not even worth reading!
Next Topic: Pictures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:03:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout