Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi vs Klipsch
Pi vs Klipsch [message #33054] Fri, 23 March 2001 21:04 Go to next message
gcw is currently offline  gcw
Esquire
I have been a big fan of various Klipsch speakers for many years. I have owned LaScalas and Heresys. I have thaought I would buy Klipschorns when I could. I have been reading with great interest on the High Eff forum about Pi speakers for a while now.
I have used JBL speakers for years in PA work and I like them very much. My question is this: How do the Pi corner and folded horns loaded with JBLs compare to the LaScala and the Klipschorn? Also what is the price of the Pi speakers unloaded? I have looked at the Pi site and it has so many models it confuses me. I can't tell which model is for home use and if it is loaded with Eminance or JBL drivers. Is there a way to tell?
Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for the forum. More information is always a good thing.
I'm biased, but... [message #33056 is a reply to message #33054] Sat, 24 March 2001 00:06 Go to previous message
Wayne_Parham is currently offline  Wayne_Parham
Master
My opinion should probably be taken with a grain of salt because I'm naturally biased. But I'll just say that while I like Klipsch speakers very much, it was there acoustic warts that drove me to build loudspeakers in the first place. I used some of the same ideas, the things I liked about Klipsch, and disregarded the things I thought were outdated or overlooked. The end result, I believe, is a line of loudspeakers that is much better than similar offerings from Klipsch. Pi Speakers use better parts, have been designed with more attention to detail, and make better sound.
Previous Topic: Eminence PSD3003-8 Horn Driver
Next Topic: Piece of Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:26:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout