Home » Audio » Pro Sound » building a 150watt tube guitar-amp-head
building a 150watt tube guitar-amp-head [message #27005] Thu, 10 March 2005 15:32 Go to next message
Ariman_Valhala is currently offline  Ariman_Valhala
Esquire
Greetings. Due to my increadible shortage of founds and a great desire to break out some metal, i'm going to build an 150W head. If any of you can help me with some usefull info or links, it would be smashing! thanx in @vance!

Re: building a 150watt tube guitar-amp-head [message #27014 is a reply to message #27005] Sat, 02 April 2005 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david is currently offline  david
Chancellor
Your gonna need 6 output tubes, a handfull of preamp tubes and some hellasious transformers! Where you gonna play this monster? You got some arena gigs lined up? You aint gonna save any money by building it yourself unless you got some old transformers layin around.

Re: building a 150watt tube guitar-amp-head [message #27071 is a reply to message #27014] Tue, 14 June 2005 00:19 Go to previous message
Guest is currently offline  Guest
Esquire
Who the heck needs 150watts of tube power! Holy cow! That's a ridiculous abuse of power!

Previous Topic: friend is building an amp... wants to use guitar and bass head inversly
Next Topic: Where / how do I replace a blown JBL EON G2 horn?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 24 06:10:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio