Home » Audio » General » Philco Stereophonic Hi-Fi PhonoRama VI
Philco Stereophonic Hi-Fi PhonoRama VI [message #26698] Thu, 20 March 2008 17:06 Go to next message
Franc Alonso is currently offline  Franc Alonso
Esquire
Hello,

I have had in my possession since 1995 from my grandfathers home a Philco Stereophonic Hi-Fi PhonoRama VI... It works and aside from a few aged issues appears to be quite a gem for a vintage audio enthusiast.
How can I place a value on this piece? I would appreciate any rapport from anyone knowledgeable ...

Thank you,
Franc Alonso
hkfranc@hotmail.com

Re: Philco Stereophonic Hi-Fi PhonoRama VI [message #26699 is a reply to message #26698] Mon, 24 March 2008 17:27 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

My experience is the value of most of these old systems is usually intrinsic. The value is knowing that your grandfather owned and enjoyed it. It is retro and a cool conversation piece. Those are the things that make them valuable.

If you must put a dollar figure on it, console stereos like yours are usually worth $50 - $500.

There are some collectables that are worth more, and you can find info on them with a little bit of searching. Old Macintosh hifi equipment, Western Electric, Altec Lansing and RCA theater systems are sometimes sought after, depending on model. There are others; Those were just some examples.

Previous Topic: Polyphemus is on the loose
Next Topic: Oldest recording, from 1860
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 06:01:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout