Home » Audio » Speaker » CORAL Flat 8A drivers on open baffles
CORAL Flat 8A drivers on open baffles [message #20603] Wed, 12 January 2005 13:04 Go to next message
lewwag is currently offline  lewwag
Esquire
I have a pair of Coral Flat 8A drivers mounted on 32"x38" open baffles. Of all of the speakers I have built, these are my favorites. The sound stage is WIDE, OPEN, and very realistic, especially with acoustic music (bluegrass and old-time are my music genres of choice). Friends who visit comment on how great the speakers sound. I haven't been able to acquire a pair of BETAs as of yet, but this is on the top of my wish list. I'm also in the process of building a pair of open baffles with the Adire WR125S 4.5" drivers. I will post results when finished.

CORRECTION!!! My units are Coral Flat 8II drivers [message #20604 is a reply to message #20603] Wed, 12 January 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Silly me! CORRECTION!!! My units are Coral Flat 8II drivers

Re: CORRECTION!!! My units are Coral Flat 8II drivers [message #20606 is a reply to message #20604] Thu, 13 January 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeno is currently offline  Zeno
Master
got a friend who have the flat 8II on open baffles as well, he says good thing about them as well, i meantioned in my earlier post i have a flat 8 A, it is actually a flat 8 II in a bass reflex box

zeno

Thnking about placing the Corals in BR cabinets [message #20607 is a reply to message #20606] Thu, 13 January 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I have a pair of JBL LE8 drivers in the factory BR cabinets (I think these were the Lancer 44 model, I got them without badges). I've heard the LE8 driver works well on an open baffle, so I'm thinking about switching the Corals to the JBL cabinets as an experiment.

Re: Thnking about placing the Corals in BR cabinets [message #20608 is a reply to message #20607] Thu, 13 January 2005 10:48 Go to previous message
Zeno is currently offline  Zeno
Master
i think u should go ahead, they do sound nice in a bass reflex box

Previous Topic: horn surfaces
Next Topic: fostex rear loaded horn design
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 23:29:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio