Home » Audio » Speaker » Re: Decware Single Driver Fostex F206 Transmission line
Re: Decware Single Driver Fostex F206 Transmission line [message #20420] Sat, 18 September 2004 23:28 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I agree with you John. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out the single driver craze except for the attraction to simplicity. Most of 'em sounded like clock radios to me. I scratched my head about the whole deal and thought maybe some just liked a sort of minimalist thing. But the Fostex 206e sounds pretty darn good all by itself. There are probably some others I have overlooked, but the 206e is definitely a good little speaker and the price tag isn't bad either.

Kind of a non sequitur, but.... [message #20421 is a reply to message #20420] Sun, 19 September 2004 07:41 Go to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I found out that Madisound carries PHY-HP now. They're not in the website version of the catalog, but they are in the downloadable catalog (page 96).

I realize they're in a whole different cost category, but the 8" sells for $665 which isn't too bad relatively speaking (compared to Lowther or AER for example).

Previous Topic: Horn gain - directed sound or acoustic transformer?
Next Topic: Re: Decware Single Driver Fostex F206 Transmission line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 08:14:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout