Home » Audio » Speaker » Pretty Stuff
Pretty Stuff [message #18020] Mon, 27 June 2005 20:35 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
See link.

So why is it that you can only get stuff like this in Japan? Why does JBL/Harman only sell their best stuff in Japan? JBL doesn't even mention the 4338 on their US sites.

Why is it so hard to get top-of-the-line components (TAD, ALE, GOTO) in the US?

Are Americans (except for a few nuts in forums like these) really only interested on Bose?

Re: Pretty Stuff [message #18021 is a reply to message #18020] Mon, 27 June 2005 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Are Americans (except for a few nuts in forums like these) really only interested on Bose?

Sadly, yes......Colin

Re: Pretty Stuff [message #18053 is a reply to message #18020] Sat, 09 July 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DanTheMan is currently offline  DanTheMan
Viscount
I felt the same way when I went to Japan. There is a huge supply of HiFi there--real HiFi! I was pissed when I saw JBL stuff there that was incredible that I've never seen or heard of here. Those TAD speakers are special too! Your right about most Americans. My friends can't hear the difference between my stereo and the ones you can get at the mass market midfi super centers. Usually they prefer the MidFi due to its minisculty or psuedo contemporary design! In Japan the living quarters are not really suitable for large speakers--but they must still sell a lot of them. Just go to Akihabara and see how many places sell them. We have all this space in this country, but for some reason we (except for the few) don't care to put it to good use.

Sorry for my little fit--it just drives me crazy.

Re: Pretty (strange)Stuff [message #18066 is a reply to message #18021] Fri, 15 July 2005 13:02 Go to previous message
tomt is currently offline  tomt
Baron
was in wal-mart10 er-12 years ago a couple locals were lookin at the speakers
one says to the other,as hes pattin the woofer cones,

best speakers you'll ever hear
`````````````````````````````````````````````
only in the USA?

Previous Topic: Has this technology been used?
Next Topic: Something I Learned At GPAF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 04:50:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout