Home » Audio » Speaker » overdriving VAF DC-X speakers
overdriving VAF DC-X speakers [message #15505] Tue, 08 May 2007 07:10 Go to next message
mikey_z is currently offline  mikey_z
Esquire
hey. I bought a pair of gen 4 dc-x speakers, along with a denon 2807 receiver. when i was drunk last night a few mates were around and i put a cd on, and i thought i was winding down the volume, instead i wound it up.. to the max level, which was shown as +12.5dB. anyway the sound absolutely blasting thru the speakers, luckily i had my hand on the volume knob and turned it right down within about a second..... I'm not sure if i caused any damage. there is no physical damage to the woofers at all, but i know that tweeters prob would be the first to suffer damage. so what are the symptoms of tweeter damage? Im not sure whether i can hear a difference now, i dont know if im just being paranoid but they dont sound as crisp and bright, they lack a little presence. or maybe they sound exactly the same. any ideas?

Re: overdriving VAF DC-X speakers [message #15506 is a reply to message #15505] Tue, 08 May 2007 10:52 Go to previous message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Usually you'll here distortion first, cymbals and high notes will sound distorted.

Previous Topic: dca 5.5 speakers : Att: DAVE MERRILL.
Next Topic: Crackling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:15:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout