Home » Audio » Speaker » Looking for Great Speaker Designs (appearance only)
Looking for Great Speaker Designs (appearance only) [message #14695] Mon, 30 August 2004 13:39 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process on completing my DIY speaker project and I'm having a hard time settling on how to dress the cabinet up. It's a pretty large box of 5.5 ft^3 (30 h x 22 w x 18 d).

If anyone has come across interesting designs for speaker cabinets (or furniture pieces for that matter), appreciate it if you can let me know.

thanks,
Gar.

Re: Looking for Great Speaker Designs (appearance only) [message #14696 is a reply to message #14695] Tue, 31 August 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
If you can dream it, you can build it. I know that's not very specific, but my point is that I think the aesthetic part is where you use the right side of your brain. Rest the left side for a while from design-style thinking and put on some music. Let the artist part in you come out. Might be an unusual layout, but it might be just a color scheme or some trim. Sometimes the smallest details in fit and finish is what makes a speaker really come out and grab me. Same thing with amps. The coolest ones are often very plain, but with one thing that just pulls you in. Sometimes it's nothing more than a type of lettering on the front panel or the color of the power-on lamp.

Re: Looking for Great Speaker Designs (appearance only) [message #14783 is a reply to message #14696] Wed, 17 November 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yury is currently offline  Yury
Baron

hello!
look at my design please. http://www.artmaydan.org.ua/satelites.html
you can see progress there: http://www.artmaydan.org.ua/process.html
it's easy

Did you go to the Kiev Hi-Fi Show? [message #14786 is a reply to message #14783] Fri, 19 November 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You mentioned you might be there. Did you take photos? Care to tell us about the show and your favorite things there?

Re: Did you go to the Kiev Hi-Fi Show? [message #14787 is a reply to message #14786] Fri, 19 November 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron

hello Wayne!
thank you for your interest.
yes, I did. but I'm not to find satisfaction there.
political situation in Ukraine is not good now.
I made several picture there. you can see it http://www.artmaydan.org.ua/exh.html

Re: Did you go to the Kiev Hi-Fi Show? [message #14788 is a reply to message #14787] Fri, 19 November 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Cool photos. Who made the line array I saw you standing near?

Re: Did you go to the Kiev Hi-Fi Show? [message #14789 is a reply to message #14788] Fri, 19 November 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron

which line do you mean?
some picture - with me, some - with my son.
you can see product from KEF, Magnat, Vincent, REL, Canton, Yamaha, etc.... and mine sub Alto of course :-). Alto - the best of all.

Re: Did you go to the Kiev Hi-Fi Show? [message #14790 is a reply to message #14789] Fri, 19 November 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Сейчас я понимаю. Я думаю что ето ваш сын и коллонка и телевизор:

Re: Did you go to the Kiev Hi-Fi Show? [message #14791 is a reply to message #14790] Fri, 19 November 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron

that's right Wayne! my son, but not mine speaker and tv. pity.
I have smallest a little/ this is Yamaha loudspeaker.

did you see my satellites?
http://www.artmaydan.org.ua/satelites.html
and process of manufacturing: http://www.artmaydan.org.ua/process.html
I hope next model will comming soon

Re: Did you go to the Kiev Hi-Fi Show? [message #14792 is a reply to message #14791] Fri, 19 November 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Да, я видал ваша коллонка. Она очень красивая! Как "woofer" и "tweeter"?

Previous Topic: ELECTRO-VOICE (E-V) vintage speakers
Next Topic: A new design from the t-line forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 22:44:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout