Home » Audio » General » Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver [message #96985] Mon, 11 September 2023 16:44 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Remember that song from 1976? It was in heavy rotation, so you couldn't miss it back then.

I just heard that Gary Wright died on September 4th, 2023. He was 80 years old.

All these familiar-face deaths keep me out doin' stuff with my friends and family. Don't wanna miss a minute.
Re: Dreamweaver [message #96986 is a reply to message #96985] Tue, 12 September 2023 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Yeah. Commercial radio has a knack of running a song into the ground with constant air-play. I remember that song all too well. Another musician croaks. They're droppin like fly's it seems. Had no idea he was that old. Which for a musician is pretty good longevity.
Re: Dreamweaver [message #96991 is a reply to message #96985] Fri, 15 September 2023 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Bummer.

Yeah - it was always "on the radio" thats for sure.
I was just a kid, but we lived with a stereo on pretty much 24/7 back then.

I too have begun to spend every minute possible with my friends and family after noticing all these "familiar faces" passing these recent years. Keeps you aware your time is dwindling...so dont miss it...

Just went on a cruise with the Fam back in July, which id never have done years ago Laughing
Re: Dreamweaver [message #96992 is a reply to message #96991] Fri, 15 September 2023 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, There were a number of such songs. Some are still in the lineups for streaming and background music. I don't know if any one in particular sticks in my mind often. I have a considerable library of "oldies" and play them fairly often. Much of the music from the last decade doesn't suit me well. The comment about folks we know passing on is really relevant. If you believe the statistics at least 65% of my peers are looking at daises from a different end than I do. I too am doing traveling and such. Not exactly a bucket list thing...just for pleasure to where ever it strikes me. We were hampered by the pandemic, but not holding back now. BTW for a really laid back getaway try Gold Beach Oregon. Small town, no chain stores, restaurants or anything else. A bit on the cool side this time of year but well worth a visit. Spend a few days unwinding.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Dreamweaver [message #97044 is a reply to message #96985] Sat, 07 October 2023 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Not only was Gary a talented vocalist, but he was an amazing instrumentalist as well, and doesn't get enough credit for that. I think Dream Weaver was his biggest hit, but I also really liked the songs Love is Alive and Touch and Gone.
Re: Dreamweaver [message #97048 is a reply to message #96985] Sun, 08 October 2023 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
When I first heard the song, I thought it was spacey and didn't know what to think of it. I started liking it when I saw Wayne's World!
Re: Dreamweaver [message #97049 is a reply to message #97048] Sun, 08 October 2023 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I have the Dreamweaver album on vinyl. It really is the right way to play the songs, "Dreamweaver" and "Love is Alive." It just feels right.

You mentioned "dreamy" songs and, I agree, "Dreamweaver" was sort of surreal. Same thing with Manfred Mann's "Blinded by the Light." That's another album that must be played on vinyl - "The Roaring Silence." The song right after "Blinded by the Light" is dreamy too.
Re: Dreamweaver [message #97122 is a reply to message #96985] Sun, 29 October 2023 14:54 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Dreamweaver actually introduced me to that kind of music. I didn't discover Pink Floyd until The Wall came out, but I credit that song with opening my ears more, so it was easier to find Floyd-type music.

Then, when I discovered Dark Side of the Moon, it was "Game over We have a new winner."
Previous Topic: Patricia Janeckova
Next Topic: Lost in the Supermarket
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:18:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout