Home » Audio » General » Recording Software
Recording Software [message #66566] Mon, 07 March 2011 21:10 Go to next message
Kaleb is currently offline  Kaleb
Chancellor
I am ready to start recording my music at home and would like some input on software. What should I look for? What's your favorite and why?
Re: Recording Software [message #66581 is a reply to message #66566] Tue, 08 March 2011 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JakeQ is currently offline  JakeQ
Esquire
If you're just starting out, I would suggest Cakewalk. It's simple and perfect for beginners because it's inexpensive and user friendly. There are more advanced programs once you've learned the basics.
Re: Recording Software [message #66801 is a reply to message #66566] Wed, 30 March 2011 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaleb is currently offline  Kaleb
Chancellor
That's a great program, thanks for the suggestion. I have been busy playing around with it this week and you were right, it's a cake walk!
Re: Recording Software [message #66912 is a reply to message #66566] Tue, 05 April 2011 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clueless is currently offline  Clueless
Viscount
Is this the type of program that will work with a keyboard? My friend wants to be able to record and change some of the stuff she plays. However, she is not too good with computers. I want to be able to suggest something that will work for her and that is easy for her to use.
Re: Recording Software [message #66913 is a reply to message #66912] Tue, 05 April 2011 14:52 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think every recording software (except probably audacity without a plugin) will work with MIDI.

Previous Topic: Computer Speakers
Next Topic: Audio file format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:55:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout