Home » xyzzy » Tower » The soothing sound of running water.
The soothing sound of running water. [message #63800] Tue, 10 August 2010 19:04 Go to next message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
I like the sound of running water. It's very soothing to my senses. I built a small fountain with water running over bamboo just outside my bedroom window to indulge myself. Do you have anything similar?
Re: The soothing sound of running water. [message #63809 is a reply to message #63800] Tue, 10 August 2010 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well believe it or not, that is not unlike what I hear when I hear a Guitar playing a nice resonating Power Chord at full volume. I hear the two tones beating off each other and the unique character of the root note ringing along on completely different axis of perception.

Re: The soothing sound of running water. [message #63814 is a reply to message #63809] Tue, 10 August 2010 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Really? I have to try that sometime. Sometime meaning as soon as I locate the secret hiding place of my guitar which I haven't seen for the past few decades.

Thank you for sharing anyways.
Re: The soothing sound of running water. [message #63818 is a reply to message #63809] Wed, 11 August 2010 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soundbuzz is currently offline  Soundbuzz
Chancellor

Adveser wrote on Wed, 11 August 2010 12:20
Well believe it or not, that is not unlike what I hear when I hear a Guitar playing a nice resonating Power Chord at full volume. I hear the two tones beating off each other and the unique character of the root note ringing along on completely different axis of perception.

Oh wow Adveser you're awesome sheeesh. Been playing power chords and when you say that I just go "oh my god" like some switch has been turned on. Haha makes me wonder how the hell your mind works. That reference is on point. I just played a C power chord and let it ring out till it fades Razz That resonating sound is beautiful ain't it? Love that humm, it makes me feel universal. :-\ Confused Whatever that means.

The lunatics are in the hall.
Re: The soothing sound of running water. [message #63820 is a reply to message #63818] Wed, 11 August 2010 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hmmm, wonder if it is possible to play something on the guitar which sounds like a babbling brook. That would really soothing.
Re: The soothing sound of running water. [message #63841 is a reply to message #63818] Wed, 11 August 2010 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Soundbuzz wrote on Wed, 11 August 2010 05:47
Adveser wrote on Wed, 11 August 2010 12:20

Oh wow Adveser you're awesome sheeesh. Been playing power chords and when you say that I just go "oh my god" like some switch has been turned on. Haha makes me wonder how the hell your mind works. That reference is on point. I just played a C power chord and let it ring out till it fades Razz That resonating sound is beautiful ain't it? Love that humm, it makes me feel universal. :-\ Confused Whatever that means.

There is something that each note has that really can't be explained because it takes a lot of development to pick it up. This sound is the reason a note sounds like it does, not pitch. The Pitch determines it's relationship to the other notes to produce color. I was listening to a perfect pitch course. The Pitch is like the light (black and white) and the other thing is the actual color of the note. When you can pick this up, you'll never mistake them for each other, just like you can easily tell yellow and orange apart. Just letting your ears hear the note the way they sound is really helpful. When you listen for pitch your ear expects there to be a relationship between the other notes, which does not exist in the context of the sound. I think you see what I mean. There are two dynamics working here, and most people only focus on one, and never learn to hear the second one. The guitarist that looks like he's having an orgasm while he plays, he gets it!

Re: The soothing sound of running water. [message #63955 is a reply to message #63800] Tue, 31 August 2010 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
addictedtosound is currently offline  addictedtosound
Chancellor
The sound of running water can be very soothing in the right circumstances, however if I listen to it too long I have to take a toilet break. I prefer to listen to easy listening music to chill out.
Re: The soothing sound of running water. [message #64096 is a reply to message #63800] Thu, 23 September 2010 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Configurate is currently offline  Configurate
Esquire
I listen to ocean and thunderstorm tracks all the time when I sleep.For some reason I cant seem to sleep without them, the sound just makes me so relaxed.
Re: The soothing sound of running water. [message #64097 is a reply to message #64096] Fri, 24 September 2010 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like the sound of a running fan, sort of a white noise on top of a lulling rhythm.

Re: The soothing sound of running water. [message #64101 is a reply to message #64096] Fri, 24 September 2010 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wonderwoll is currently offline  Wonderwoll
Baron
Configurate wrote on Thu, 23 September 2010 23:44
I listen to ocean and thunderstorm tracks all the time when I sleep.For some reason I cant seem to sleep without them, the sound just makes me so relaxed.

The ocean sounds I can understand but thunderstorms??? I am okay with the fan running and traffic sounds are fine too, if it's just the regular sound of engines rather than horns and squealing brakes. Noisy neighbours who shout, move furniture and have their TV or stereo loud - not so much.
Previous Topic: Welcome to the Republican Party
Next Topic: Ghost Recordings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:53:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout