Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Da Vinci Code
Da Vinci Code [message #6773] Sat, 13 May 2006 22:17 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Who's eager to see this movie?

I didn't really care much for the book, really, but I love this kind of thing so I'm into it. I liked the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and that's what really kicked off the recent popularity of the Jesus and Mary Magdalene idea. What's most interesting to me really, are the Nag Hammadi texts concerning Mary. That's the real deal. But the (DaVinci Code book and the) movie expounds on the same thread, so I gotta see it. Besides, Ron Howard directed it, and Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou (Amélie) are in it so it has to be good.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6775 is a reply to message #6773] Sun, 14 May 2006 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I tried reading the book; but it seemed so mysterious I had to put it down.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6777 is a reply to message #6775] Tue, 16 May 2006 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane Martin is currently offline  Shane Martin
Esquire
I'll go see it. I think this will be the biggest hit of the summer.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6778 is a reply to message #6777] Tue, 16 May 2006 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Here are a few links related to the "Da Vinci Code" book and movie. This helps separate the wheat from the chaff.

Gnostic texts:

• Nag-Hammadi.com
    (See Gospel of Philip, Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Mary Magdalene)

Rennes-le-Château:

• Renneslechateau.com

Rosslyn Chapel:

• Rosslyn Chapel

Council of Nicaea:

• Wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
  • Tertullian.org/rpearse/nicaea.html

Cathars:
  • Wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathar

Merovingians:

• Wikipedia.org/wiki/Merovingian

"Priory of Sion":

• Priory-of-Sion.com

• Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6779 is a reply to message #6778] Wed, 17 May 2006 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
    Illuminati (13th Degree)
    How do these relate to the movie?

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6780 is a reply to message #6779] Wed, 17 May 2006 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Damir is currently offline  Damir
    Illuminati (2nd Degree)
    Well, people like "secrets", and deep inside don`t like authorities (religion)...interestingly, many which don`t believe in Christianity and The Bible have no problem to believe in the obscure texts, cults and blasphemous - propaganda...
    But, I didn`t read the book and won`t see the movie. Those "secrets" are known from various cults and freemasonry, and this book/film is their "swan`s song", IMO. Boring.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6781 is a reply to message #6779] Wed, 17 May 2006 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The book makes a story of weaving these elements together, with a fair bit of artistic license thrown in.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6782 is a reply to message #6780] Wed, 17 May 2006 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I understand how you feel, no offense intended on my part.

I always thought the Priory of Sion thing was really low, stupid actually. Likewise, I think it foolish to include that part in any story, fictionalized or not. Throw in the Templars, make a story about Illuminati or something but don't use a group that is known to be a facade.

But the Nag Hammadi texts are very interesing to me, as are the texts in the Dead Sea Scrolls. What do you think of those?

And what's with that church in France at Rennes-le-Château?

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6783 is a reply to message #6782] Wed, 17 May 2006 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Damir is currently offline  Damir
    Illuminati (2nd Degree)
    Hey, I didn`t think about you or anyone who is interested in these things, it can be very interesting. I thought about people who spit on Christian religion and make money that way.
    We talked about those texts before - I`m no expert in (Church) history, these texts are (oficially) abandoned for some reasons, but many parts of them are very interesting, for example "Gospel of Thomas".
    The history of Templars, their rise and fall (and reasons) are very fascinating. I didn`t mentioned, but this "Wall of Fortress Town" I`ve sent a pictures of is probably made by them, plus a "St Martin" church in near town. There`s a Templars heraldic in the church from 13th century...

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6784 is a reply to message #6783] Wed, 17 May 2006 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
    Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, you're right. It isn't the looking and questioning and searching that is offensive, it's the spitting that's offensive. I agree with you.

Previous Topic: Beatle CD'S
    Next Topic: Turtles can fly
    Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:47:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
    DIY Audio Projects
    OddWatt Audio
    OddWatt Audio
    Pi Speakers
    Pi Speakers
    Prosound Shootout