Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » A Dark Sleepless and Scary Night, - A True Story:
A Dark Sleepless and Scary Night, - A True Story: [message #59162] Tue, 10 October 2006 09:45 Go to next message
Vinylly is currently offline  Vinylly
Chancellor
We live in Seattle WA.
It seems my daughter and son-in-law are quite athletic, they like outdoor activities such as kyaking, mountain climbing, hiking, camping, sking, etc. He is a professional photographer and she is a highly paid Microsoft employee.
This last weekend they went on long hike where they camped out over night at the north-east foot of Mt. Rainer. It seems that no sooner did the hit the sack when there was a loud cracking and rumbling sound and the earth beneath them shuck violently. They thought 'Oh my God, an earthquake!! is the mountain about to blow!!! Then they could heard rumbling from an avalanche above them and of rockslides around them. There were repeated aftershocks and continued sounds of rockslides and avalanches all through the night. It was pitch dark and they knew it would be next to impossible to find their way down the mountain to where their car was parked. So they figured if the mountain blows there wasn't much they could do about it.
The next morning as they finally left the mountain, they stopped at the closest town where they learned that there was a 4.5 earthquake and it was practically just under where they were camping out.

Re: A Dark Sleepless and Scary Night, - A True Story: [message #59163 is a reply to message #59162] Tue, 10 October 2006 10:32 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow, they'll never forget that trip!

Previous Topic: Here's my 9-11 conspiricacy theory - What's yours?
Next Topic: Anyone care
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:28:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout