Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Guns
Guns [message #58432] Wed, 07 June 2006 09:08 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Wayne mentions that the government is wrong to prevent people from carrying guns on their person. You can transport weapons in your car but they must be unloaded.
Where does this restriction come from? I mean the NRA and the Gun Lobby didn't want this; they are in favor of carry laws and they donate lots of money to the government to help their cause right?
Because people don't want every tom Dick and Harry walking around with loaded weapons on them. And neither do I. I know how many Wyatt Earp wannabe's are out there and it is scary.
Proffessional criminals will kill you before you get them so it doesn't wash when you say only criminals will have guns. So in this case the people who are against carry laws are more numerous than the folks who want to carry. It's not the government preventing you from doing what you want; it's the people who petition the representatives to prevent the carry laws that are stopping you. Thats your government doing what it should; representing the will of the people.

Re: Guns [message #58435 is a reply to message #58432] Wed, 07 June 2006 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Re: Guns [message #58436 is a reply to message #58432] Wed, 07 June 2006 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
John,
Have you heard of the second amendment?
Are you suggesting it be repealed?

Re: Guns [message #58437 is a reply to message #58432] Wed, 07 June 2006 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
YOu need to get yuorself a gun, and some training, John! THen you won;t be so scared of every one else with one!

-akhilesh

Re: Guns [message #58438 is a reply to message #58432] Wed, 07 June 2006 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I don't know about where you live, but here in Tx concealed carry is available. And they just passed it in my home state of Ks this summer as well. Seems there people are getting fed up with crime and believe it will be a deterrent to many types of crimes.

One thing to remember: if you're gonna carry a gun for self defense you must be ready/willing to pull the trigger if absolutely need be.

Re: So you think we should repeal the Patriot act of course. [message #58439 is a reply to message #58435] Wed, 07 June 2006 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Since it removes most of our freedoms.

Re: Guns [message #58440 is a reply to message #58436] Wed, 07 June 2006 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Second amendment says the right to bear arms; and form militias. They never meant for everyone in the country to own an anti-tank weapon. Or a bunker-buster.

Re: Guns [message #58441 is a reply to message #58437] Wed, 07 June 2006 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I have three guns. And up until about ten years ago was a card carrying member of the NRA through my Dad who used to teach at the firing range. I have said this all before it is old hat now, bud.

Re: Guns [message #58445 is a reply to message #58432] Wed, 07 June 2006 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
This is one of the things where Europe and USA are very different. In most of the European countries, carrying the gun isn`t allowed and it`s widely recognized like something shameful, like it isn`t the practice of the honest man.
Here in Croatia, because of the war (`91-`95), everyone has automatic weapons, even rocket-launchers, hand grenades, mines, etc. under the bed or in the closet. Public safety was jeopardized, it wasn`t uncommon that someone drunk shoots with AK from his balcony...even worse, small everyday incidents in many cases outgrowed in horror (multiple) homicides...suicides...big incidents.
In a few years, with new laws (army weapons banned, "small" arms allowed for owning, but not carying, with licence), and buying off of weapons that can`t be legalized - the situation has changed and improved.

Re: Guns [message #58449 is a reply to message #58445] Wed, 07 June 2006 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
There are a lot of cowboys here and those are the ones I am afriad of. I know if the bad guy wants to hurt you he will; its the regular guy with a bad anger management skill that I worry about. I would mix it up with anyone in a fair fight but I cant beat a bullet. And the stry ones that catch some little kid or woman walking minding her own business. Thats what happens when the yahoos get hold of these weapons.

Previous Topic: OK so I know now not to take anything you say serious.
Next Topic: O'Kay; case closed.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 21:46:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout