Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Have to learn how to post pics I guess.
Have to learn how to post pics I guess. [message #57125] Tue, 04 October 2005 18:53 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Not much else going on.

Re: Have to learn how to post pics I guess. [message #57126 is a reply to message #57125] Wed, 05 October 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

I heard that leeches treatment is good for old an bored people...

Re: Have to learn how to post pics I guess. [message #57127 is a reply to message #57126] Wed, 05 October 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Ha! Hey Damir; where are the song lyrics to go with that photo my man?
I heard this guy here is running for nomination to Bush supreme court.
He's better qualified than the past two. Or he is up for DeLays spot.

What are you up too; no more vacation photo's; what gives?

better qualified than.... [message #57128 is a reply to message #57127] Wed, 05 October 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
hey... this ninja man might make clarence look like
an intellectual giant :=)

harriet? Yeah... I fail to see the merits of her candidacy...

the confirmed chief justice... at least he brought some proven
intellect and skills to the table...

I probably won't like his rulings...

which reminds me that the real definition of an "activist" judge is just someone who rules against your side of a particular issue. Then you start screaming about how they are "making law" from the bench.

cheers,

msl

Re: better qualified than.... [message #57129 is a reply to message #57128] Wed, 05 October 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Touche'; I hope this personal friend of shrub turns on him. I have a feeling about her; she may not like looking like Bush's trained ape.

Do they go to school out there? Isn't the whole purpose of the Constitution as taught in my school system to be a fluid document that changes with changing conditions. Maybe we should repeal all amendments and re-instate slavery so we can "not legislate from the bench".
Man I hate the guy who taught the Bush to say that phrase.

But yes; he is managing to make the Supreme law giving body in the history of the world look like the second string team at the Akron Ohio Pitch and Putt.

Re: better qualified than.... [message #57130 is a reply to message #57129] Wed, 05 October 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I wondered how long it was going for you to jump on Bush's SCOUTS nomination - very poor choice. She might be great as an advisor, but she is not even remotely qualified, IMO.

Not sure I agree with the "fluid" part of the Constitution. It's worked well for the past 200+ years with minor changes. Remember when Arnold was elected Governor of CA, and everyone wanted to change the Law so one did not have to be a US citizen born on US soil to be Prez?

Are you for or against judges legislating from the bench?

Re: better qualified than.... [message #57131 is a reply to message #57130] Wed, 05 October 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Can you explain clearly what exactly constitutes legislating from the bench? I haven't found anyone who can as yet. Lot's of folks use the term but when asked for an explanation they acquire a stutter.
What is your argument concerning the fluid nature of the Constitution?
Cite a case that would be an example of bench driven legislation and I'll see if I can follow what you mean.
That is if you are serious about this; there's a tendency to bail out when the going gets tough.

Wow, a personal attack already [message #57132 is a reply to message #57131] Wed, 05 October 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
This statement needs an explanation: "there's a tendency to bail out when the going gets tough."

Kung Fu - part 2 [message #57133 is a reply to message #57132] Wed, 05 October 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Re: Wow, a personal attack already [message #57134 is a reply to message #57132] Wed, 05 October 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)

Why do you take it as a personal attack? Maybe a little blunt; but blunt is good it shows you respect the other guy and choose not to waste his time if you are not serious.
It's not a personal attack.
Calling someone clueless; thats an example of a personal attack.
Since I am unknown and far away a personal attack hiding behind a monicker would be cowardly. Not my style.
I like to discuss politics in the context of everyday life; thats all it means.
So; where were we?
Legislating from the bench, right?

Previous Topic: Fox news/good stuff/ Finally saying something good.
Next Topic: Peerless transformers, trademarks and intellectual property rights
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:59:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout